Setting up a Client Side VPN Connection from Windows XP to
Multitech Routefinder RF-820 or RF-830 and Accessing PC’s
Note: Credentials are case sensitive
1. Go to Network Connections, select Create New Connection
2. At the New Connection Wizard, click Next.
3. Select Connect to the Network at my Workplace (VPN) and Next
4. Select Virtual Private Network and click Next
5. In the Company Name, enter a Friendly Name to identify the connection
then click Next
6. Select Do Not Dial the Connection then click Next
7. Enter your URL or IP address as the host name and click next
8. Place a checkmark on Add a Shortcut to my desktop. Click Finish
9. In the User Name field, type user name (all lower case)
10. As the password type your password:
Note: Once you have created the connection, you can skip
steps 1-10 in the future.
11. Find the VPN icon on your desktop and Click connect.
12. Once connected, open VNC viewer (www.realvnc.com)
13. Follow these instructions:
To access the Server, type the Server’s IP address in the Server Name field
To access PC-01, type PC-01’s IP Address in the Server Name field
Etc, etc, for all PC’s in your LAN.
14. At the password prompt, type your password
15. When the Windows Logon Appears, righ click on the VNC
Server Icon on the top left and select Send CTRL+ALT+DEL
16. Use your Credentials to Log in to Windows.