TERMINATION OF EMPLOYMENT WITH TRUST FORM:
The Termination of Employment With The Trust Form (“Termination Form”) should be
used when an individual is leaving the Hull Teaching Trust. Completion of a Termination
Form will terminate all posts held with the Trust and will generate a P45.
If an employee wishes to retain any of their posts with the Trust, then a Notification of
Change Form should be completed.
Please see the following examples for guidance on when a Termination form should be
1 A member of staff has a substantive part time post and a bank post; they are
leaving the area and therefore wish to leave the Trust completely:
• Complete a Termination form – this will terminate both posts with the Trust.
2 A member of staff has a substantive post; they are planning to retire, but wish to
return to work on the Bank following retirement:
• Complete a Termination form – because the individual is retiring, all posts will
need to be terminated with the Trust for pension purposes;
• Providing the appropriate HR/Personnel processes have been followed, a
New Starter Form will need to be completed to add the individual to the Bank.
3 A member of staff currently holds a full-time substantive Band 5 position and is
successfully appointed to a full-time substantive Band 6 position:
• A Notification of Change form should be completed terminating the Band 5
position and appointing the individual to the new Band 6 position.
4 A member of staff currently holds 3 different posts and wishes to terminate post 2,
but retain posts 1 and 2:
• A Notification of Change form should be completed terminating post 2 and
advising that posts 1 and 2 should remain.
5 A member of staff currently holds 0.5wte in post 1 and 0.5wte in post 2. Post 1 is
being increased to full time and post 2 terminated:
• A Notification of Change form should be completed increasing the hours in
Post 1 and terminating Post 2.