Saving Money on Electricity: A Money-Saving Maintenance
An electrical appliance that does not work at maximum capacity results in less than
ideal performance and higher electricity bills. That is why it is best to save on
electricity in order to save more money.
Here is how you can get everything saving up:
1. Keep your appliances clean and well maintained. Regular cleaning and maintenance
keeps your appliances in top shape, hence, it will perform better and consumes lesser
energy. Energy saved is money saved.
2. Have an annual checkup by a qualified service technician. This can reduce the
appliances operating costs by as much as 20%, extend the life of the system, and
improve its safety and air quality.
3. When using air conditioners, it is best to establish your comfort temperature, and
then setting your thermostat at that level permanently. This will definitely save on
electric bills because the air conditioning unit takes less energy to cool air four to
five degrees than it does to cool air eight to ten degrees.
4. Replace any items that may have been 10 years or older already. Old appliances are
be cut by half.
5. If you experience a power outage, make sure you turn off the switch on your
Cool air must circulate freely to avoid overworking the condenser.
than what is needed. This will have the tendency to allow the cool air to break out.
7. Always try to look for the energy saving logo or notes whenever you buy your new
appliances. Buying an appliance with a logo that states it consumes lower energy, it
will definitely let you save more money on your electricity.
8. Always use energy saving lights or light bulbs. These energy saving lights or light
bulbs usually last up to 12 times longer. Plus, energy saving light bulbs consume less
energy. Hence, you will be able to save more money just by saving on electricity.
9. Use energy-saving facilities at home like energy-saving windows or energy-saving
For instance, use a double-glazed window instead of the ordinary window.
10. Use insulators at home. This will not let the warm or cool air out, and vice-versa.
Indeed, saving on electricity will definitely save more money.