The Messenger January 24, 2010 Austin Allen,Norman Childs,
Angela Chowning, Laverne Collins,
Service Times Hello and Welcome Ann Cox, Kate Coultas, Nancy
Welcome to our assembly! If
Creamer, Lucian Dean, Shirley
Sunday you are a visitor, we encour- Dean, Jerry & Linda Frankum, Joy
Bible Study 9:30 a.m. age you to fill out a visitors Garrett, Donna Grimes, Todd
Morning Worship 10:30 a.m. card (we will give it to you).
Evening Worship 6:00 p.m. We hope you will consider Grimes, Roger Klapper, Roscoe &
Wednesday Cherry Street as your church Sue Leach, Donnie & Wyetta Lee, Jill Lentz, Janell Lewis, Sarah
Bible Study 7:00 p.m. home. Longest, Ruby Means, Linda Moody, David Mount, Sandra Naugle,
Jennifer Parr, Richard Paris, Wanda Rayle, Sandy Reynolds, Sherri
Bible Reading Plan Schedule Rothman, Pie Satterfield, Suzy Shannon, Laurie Smith, Jerome
Spearman, Barry & Kennita Stewart, Victor Stewart, Terry Stocks-
(January 24-30 2010) dale’s daughter, Emily, Deena Stoess, Barry Thompson, May von-
Allmen, Lydia Wade, Bill Weber, Sr., Sylvetta Wright, our nation
and her leaders, our enemies, the unsaved, new Christians, our
• Old Testament Reading: Exodus 7-24
travelers, answered prayer, persecuted Christians world-wide, un-
• ew Testament Reading: Matthew 17-20 spoken requests, and for the Peace of Jerusalem
Oportunities for Service Missions: Robert & Joy Garrett, Sonny Childs Ministries,
Philippine Missions, Crete Missions, Nakahara Mission, Words of
• January 24, 2010: The Lord's Supper: Bill Weber. Serving: Life, Sowing the Seed, Portland Christian School, Maple Manor
Rob Stocksdale, Austin Weber, Ben Adams, Jeff Adams. Scrip- Senior Division, KingsField Children’s Home, Baja Bible School,
ture Reading: Edward Merten. and for all other works of faith and labors of love.
• January 31, 2010: The Lord’s Supper: Ben Adams. Serving:, Military: All our armed forces in America and throughout
Bill Allen, Bob Bailey, Ernie Balsley, David Cross. Scripture the world, Jeff Satterfield, Philip Pipes, Tony Adams, Chris Helbig,
Reading: Larry Miles. Tom Emery, mark Istre, Nathan Poindexter, Mike & Teresa Pre-
• January Greeters: Elnora Stocksdale & Rebecca Poindexter. ston, Jason Istre, Jeffrey Newkirk, all other active duty military
• January Building Security: J. R. & Pie Satterfield personnel and their families. Let’s also pray for each other here in
• Song Leader: January 24, 2010 – Duval Means, January 31, the family of faith at Cherry Street.
2010 Kevin Parr.
• Communion to Shut-Ins: January 24, 2010 – Dwight Mellon,
January 31, 2010 – Jeff Adams
For Your Information
• January 17, 2010: Men’s Business Meeting @ 4:30 p.m.
Ladies Meeting News • January 24, 2010: 4th Sunday Song Service
• January 31, 2010: 5th Sunday Song Service @ Buechel
The next ladies' meeting will be Tuesday, Feb.
2nd, at the church. Guest speakers will be Jes-
sica Longest and Rachelle Starr of Scarlet
Hope Ministry. The Choices for Women Special Prayer Requests
shower, featuring Rose Condra as the guest
speaker, has been re-scheduled for the March Please keep Bro. Norman Childs, & Bro. Bill Weber, Sr. in your
ladies' meeting, Tues., March 2, at the church. prayers. Bro. Childs is home and Bro. Weber is still in the hospi-
If you have any questions, see Mel or Ramona.
tal. His condition is very serious.
Messages From God’s Word
Sunday A.M.: “Reverence” Hebrews 12:22-29
Sunday P.M.: 4th Sunday Song Service
22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the liv-
ing God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable angels in fes-
23 and to the assembly of the firstborn who are enrolled in
heaven, and to God, the judge of all, and to the spirits of the right-
eous made perfect,
24 and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the
sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.
25 See that you do not refuse him who is speaking. For if they
did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth,
much less will we escape if we reject him who warns from heaven.
26 At that time his voice shook the earth, but now he has prom-
ised, “Yet once more I will shake not only the earth but also the
27 This phrase, “Yet once more,” indicates the removal of
things that are shaken—that is, things that have been made—in or-
der that the things that cannot be shaken may remain.
28 Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that
cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship,
with reverence and awe,
29 for our God is a consuming fire.
ick Marsh: Minister
• Home Phone---------------------------------------812-945-7209
• Cell Phone -----------------------------------------502-641-9563
• Church ---------------------------------------------812-948-0436
Bruce Chowning Edward Merten
J R Satterfield Kevin Parr
Dwight Mellon Bill Weber
Nick Marsh Cherry Street Church of Christ
Stan Means 302 Cherry Street
New Albany, IN 47150
WEB SITE: http://cherrystreetchurchofchrist.com
January 24, 2010