OF DINING SERVICES
KEYSTONE OAKS HOMESTYLE MEALS
Jason Foreman ELEMENTARY LUNCH MENU Nutritious Definition
of the Month :
LUNCH PRICES Vitamins—Invisible
STUDENT PAID substances in food that
$1.90 help your body grow and
ADULT $2.75 25 26 27 28 29
Toasted Cheese Chicken Patty Pasta with Sauce and Meatball Hoagie Tuna Salad Sandwich
Please Choose at least 3 of –OR– –OR– Garlic BreadStick –OR– –OR–
the 5 items for the school Chicken Nuggets with Sauce Cheeseburger on a Bun –OR– Chicken Patty on a Bun Pepperoni Pizza
lunch price! and a Roll Hot Dog on a Bun
Entrée, Choice of Two FEATURED FRUIT & FEATURED FRUIT & VEGGIE FEATURED FRUIT &
Fruits and/or Vegetables, FEATURED FRUIT & VEGGIE FEATURED FRUIT & Broccoli Cuts VEGGIE
Bread & VEGGIE Green Beans VEGGIE Apple Sauce Cucumber Slices
Choice of Milk,
1%, 2%, Lowfat Chocolate,
STEPS TO A HEALTHIER
Fruit Choice May
MENU SUBJECT TO Include:
CHANGE! Apple, Orange, Grapes,
Banana, Pear, Cantaloupe,
NEW THIS Honeydew, Watermelon,
MONTH! Applesauce, Peach, Fruit
BACK TO SCHOOL Fruited Gelatin, or Fruit
Veggie Choice May
NEW ITEM NEXT Include:
MONTH! Tossed Salad, Potato
Salad, Cole Slaw, Veg-
HARVEST etable Salad, Carrots,
MEAL Cucumber, Tomato,
THIS MONTH ALTERNATES
COMMISSIONER P/B & J Sandwich
NUTRITION CHICKEN NUGGETS
“OFFER VS SERVED” CHEF”S SALAD
This Month, Commissioner Nutrition Investigates
• Humans have been eating melons for more than 4,000 years.
* In ancient Egypt watermelons were traditionally offered to thirsty travelers.
• Did you know that there is a type of watermelon name the Santa Claus Melon?
• Honeydew melons are an excellent source of Vitamin C.
• Watermelon is a good source of lycopene.
• Cantaloupe is an excellent source of vitamin A on account of its concentrated beta–carotene content.
FUN WAYS TO EAT
• Use all of your favorite melons to make a delicious fruit salad.
• Add some sparkling water to fresh squeezed cantaloupe juice for a delightfully refreshing
drink in the warm months of the year.
• Top honeydew slices with yogurt and fresh mint.