Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Karnataka
4th ‘T’ Block, Jayanagar, Bangalore 560 041
Dr. S. Sacchidanand firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Registrar [Evaluation] Ph: 080-26961930, 26961945, 26961938 Fax: 080-26961931, 26961903
RGUHS/AR2/COMP SEC-CV/2009 DATE: 30/04/2009
Affiliated Colleges of RGUHS
Sub : Online applications for Challenge Valuation from Mar-2009 exam onwards
Ref : 1. Notification AUTH/Challenge Valuation-310/2008-09 dated 14/07/2008
2. No.AUTH/Challenge Valuation-310/2008-09 dated 11/09/2008
The Challenge Valuation system was introduced from Jul/Aug-2008 examination
onwards in order to give justice in valuation for the aggrieved students. Ever since it was
introduced the University is receiving thousands of applications and due to enormity of the
applications, the declaration of the result is getting delayed.
In order to speed-up the process of Challenge Valuation and to declare the result
as early as possible the University has introduced Online Challenge Valuation System
from the Mar-2009 UG examination onwards.
In this regard the Principals are hereby requested to follow the guidelines herewith
annexed for Online uploading of all Challenge-Valuation applications received from the
students and are directed to advise the concerned staff and students to strictly adhere to
the guidelines provided and co-operate with the University.
Hereafter strictly no applications to be submitted by the students directly to the
University and all such applications will be rejected.
The photocopies of the answer scripts of the students, who have applied, will be
issued only after the completion of Challenge Valuation process.
This is for your information and further awareness among the student community.
Enclosure: Guidelines for online uploading of CV applications.
GUIDELINES FOR ONLINE UPLOADING OF CHALLENGE-VALUATION APPLICATIONS:
GUIDELINES FOR STUDENTS APPLYING FOR CHALLENGE VALUATION :
1. All Challenge Valuation (CV) applications hereafter have to be uploaded online by the
2. Students are advised to follow the guidelines properly before applying for the
challenge valuation. Students are advised to decide regarding the subjects for
challenge valuation before applying.
3. Students have to apply for challenge valuation only through their college. Students
strictly directed not to approach university for CV application.
4. Students are advised to apply well before the last date prescribed for each scheme
and year (10days from the date of announcement of result).
5. All students desiring to apply for challenge valuation, wherever present have to
download the CV applications from the university website at www.rguhs.ac.in and have
to submit/ forward their filled in application to the principal of their college along with
the fees payable for the same.
Fees to be paid for Challenge Valuation
For UG courses: Rs5000/- per subject
Example : 1. Anatomy paper-I
2. Physiology paper-I Rs. 5000
(Even for one paper of the subject the fee is Rs 5000)
For PG courses: Rs. 2500/- per paper:
Example : Paper – I
Paper – II Rs. 10,000
MD Anaesthesia Paper – III (Rs. 2500/- per paper)
Paper – IV
6. Students after submitting the applications have to confirm whether their CV application
has been uploaded on the university website from the college.
7. Students are advised to contact their college office for the status of challenge
valuation and not to contact the University directly for any enquiries related to
8. The challenge valuation results once ready will be announced on the website and the
result sheets and the marks cards would be sent to the concerned colleges.
9. Refund of Challenge valuation amount would be sent to the concerned colleges.
Students successfully passing the exam may contact their college office for refund of
their amount paid for the challenge valuation.
GUIDELINES FOR THE COLLEGE FOR UPLOADING CHALLENGE VALUATION APPLICATIONS :
1. Hereafter only online uploaded CV applications from the colleges are
considered. No student/ college to submit the CV application directly to the
2. The colleges on receipt of the CV applications from the students have to upload the
same to the university website through the link provided from the university homepage
3. The colleges have to upload applications as and when they receive from students on a
daily basis and not en-masse on the last date. This will help the university to process
all the applications smoothly and swiftly. Online facility for uploading CV applications
will be disabled after the last date and no entry is possible after the last date (10 days
from the date of announcement of result).
4. Provision is made for the entry of withheld candidates’ application separately and only
genuine candidates entry is possible through this facility.
5. Each college / Principal will be provided a user-id and the password for the online
uploading of CV applications. Principals have to assure themselves that the
passwords provided are used legitimately by the concerned staff.
6. For all the entries (CV applications) uploaded by the colleges the principals will be
7. Entry for payment of fees (DD) for the Challenge-valuation is compulsory with all the
essential details. Fee details have to be entered scheme wise.
8. The colleges have to take a consolidated Demand draft (for each scheme) drawn in
favor of Registrar (Evaluation), RGUHS, Bangalore, for all the students’ entries.
Separate demand draft has to be taken for each scheme and each year.
9. Concerned staff and the principal have to verify the entries made before taking the
report. Attestation of the CV report by the Principal is mandatory and all the CV
reports sent by the colleges without principal’s attestation or signature will be rejected
and valuation of the scripts will not be considered.
10. The colleges have to submit/send the CV report along with consolidated DD to the
university within 3 days from the last date for CV application, failing which the
applications will not be considered for challenge valuation (extra days provided to
enable the college to take DD after the entry made on the evening of the last date and
for the outstation colleges).
11. Read the following instructions for online uploading challenge valuation
From the university website www.rguhs.ac.in click on Examination Section and
click on “Online Challenge Valuation”.
College wise list appears given facultywise along with a “right arrow”
To login, click on “right arrow” shown against your college name
This will open link asking to login with username and password. Login with the
same username and password provided for online students admission data entry.
In the next screen select the Faculty, Scheme, Year and Result type (General or
Withheld) from the dropdown boxes and then click „next‟.
Since the last date for CV applications for different years / schemes are different
the colleges have to enter different year and different scheme students details
Click on „ADD‟ tab to add student’s CV details
Enter the Register number, which shows the students name in the next column.
Check whether the name is correct against the register number. If so, then select
the subject and the paper from the next dropdown box.
Enter the marks scored by the candidate in the next column. Then click on „save‟.
After entering all students CV details, click on “completed” button. This will
provide screen for entering fees payment details.
In the screen provided for fees payment details make entries properly.
Fees to be paid for Challenge Valuation are as given above.
Click on „report‟ tab to view the report.
Take the print of the CV report and verify the same (tick the column meant for the
same after verifying each students details properly).
The Principal after checking the report has to attest each report with his signature
and seal of the college.
The CV report along with the DD has to be sent to the university within 3days
from the last date for entry of CV applications.
Note: All Challenge Valuation applications will be considered/processed for valuation only after the
receipt of CV report from the college with the Principal’s attestation.