Docstoc

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF EAST SUTTON PARISH COUNCIL

Document Sample
MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF EAST SUTTON PARISH COUNCIL Powered By Docstoc
					   MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF EAST SUTTON PARISH COUNCIL
       HELD ON WEDNESDAY 5TH JANUARY 2005 AT 8.00 PM
                    IN THE FILMER HALL

PRESENT: Cllrs Edmed (chair), Smith, Stewart, Mrs Rimmer (clerk), Mrs
MacPherson, Mr Allen, Mr Bristow, Mr Flegg, Mrs Turner (KM) and PC Hillman
(part)

APOLOGIES: Cllrs Jewell and Worsfold, MBC Cllr Mrs Gibson

DECLARATION OF INTEREST: None

QUESTIONS FROM MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC
To be moved to the end of the agenda to allow the public to ask questions relating to
items that have arisen during the meeting

URGENT MATTERS
    The clerk informed councillors that she has been appointed full time clerk to
       Leybourne Parish Council. She has handed her resignation in to both
       Downswood and Otham Parish Councils but woulc be continuing as clerk to
       East Sutton for the time being.
    Insurance – Cllr Smith asked what the position was regarding the item covered
       in the September minutes regarding the Filmer Hall Management Committees
       insurance position and Tim Turnill being asked to value the Filmer Hall.
Action: Clerk to contact Robert Argyles for copy of policy and other documents
requested

MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING HELD ON 3RD NOVEMBER 2004
Agreed and signed as a true and accurate record of proceedings.

MATTERS ARISING
  1. Parish Plan – meeting held on 24th November. It was decided that a group
     look at Sutton Valence’s questionnaire to see which areas are appropriate for
     East Sutton. Further meeting scheduled for 12th January 2005 when this
     would be discussed further.
  2. Highways – nothing heard from Highways Department re site meeting
  Action: Clerk to chase
  3. Hedges in Church Road still require cutting back
  Action: Clerk to chase
  4. Gas cylinders – these have now been removed
  5. Ivy in the prison wall – still needs attention

POLICE REPORT
   No reported crimes since last meeting
   Mr Bristow questioned why a break in at his property was not included when
     it had a crime number. PC Hillman advised that it may have been attributed to
     Sutton Valence and would investigate.

CORRESPONDENCE
  1. Letter received from Kingswood resident asking whether the parish council
     would consider placing bollards in the road at the top of the hollow, Charlton
ESPC 05.01.05
Page 1 of 3
      Lane, to stop vehicles working on Charlton Court and the Shant from driving
      down the road.
      Councillors felt that this action was inappropriate. There is a weight
      restriction on the road already and the borough council have been asked to
      place a condition requesting all vehicles enter from the A274 via East Sutton
      Road.
   2. KCC Invitation to Consultation Conference with Parish and Town Councils on
      18th February to discuss the consultation on the Regional Assembly’s South
      East Plan and delivery of Kent’s Highway service from April 2005.
   Action: Clerk to email all details to councillors for them to decide if any of
   them will attend. Space limited to one councillor per council.
   3. Dates of KAPC Meeting and Training Events for 2005-2006
   Action: Clerk to email all councillors with dates of appropriate meetings and
   advise when agenda for events are received.
   4. Play Area Inspection – advises that safety surfaces are in need of a clean as
      they are very slippery
   Action: Clerk to ask MBC to clean

REPORTS FORM SEMINARS ATTENDED
KAPC AGM – 13TH NOVEMBER – Cllr Smith reported tht he had attended this
meeting. Notes from the day would be circulated to councillors in the circulation
pack. A presentation has been given on the Freedom of Information Act. Parish
Councils much now be aware that should parishioners request information regarding
any matter this information should be made available to them within 20 days. A
training day for clerks’ regarding the act is planned for the future.

PLANNING
  1. Applications received
     MA/04/1980 – Noahs Ark Farmhouse, East Sutton Road – LBC for internal
     alterations are replacement of external door and frame – no objection
  2. Applications granted
     MA/04/1994 – Charlton Court, East Sutton Hill – LBC
  3. Appeals allowed
     MA/03/1845 – The Ridge Golf Club – 10 bay driving range – with conditions
     including regulations for times of use
  4. Other matters
     Letter received from David Hicken Associates regarding Charlton Court.
     They act as planning consultants for the applicants and are offering to meet
     members of the parish council to explain the proposals should they have any
     further queries.

FINANCE
Balance of current account              £2020.14 credit after all cheques sent
Balance of deposit account              £9618.27
    1. Items for payment
East Sutton Parish Council confirm approval of the following payments
Seeboard – Streetlighting (November)            £ 5.39
Seeboard – Streetlighting (December)            £ 5.33
Seeboard – Streetlighting (December)            £ 5.39
Inland Revenue – PAYE to October 2004           £48.62
Inland Revenue – PAYE to January 2005           £92.46

ESPC 05.01.05
Page 2 of 3
Mrs H Rimmer – Salary and Expenses Nov/Dec         £207.60
Mr A Neve – Street sweeping                        £232.80
   2. Budget 2005-2006 – It was decided that a separate meeting would be held to
      discuss the budget in view of there only being a quorum present at tonight’s
      meeting. Possible items for expenditure include refurbishment of playground.

QUESTIONS FROM MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC
  1. Mr Flegg questioned whether MBC could put restrictions on the Fern lorries
      that are travelling up East Sutton Road to Charlton Court, their manoeuvring
      and the level of traffic. If the gate to Charlton Court was opened these lorries
      could turn around in the grounds, instead they are reversing down the hill and
      turning into Elm Cottage’s drive or into Brick Kiln Lane
  Action: Clerk to write to MBC and Ferns asking that consideration be taken
  in the movement of the lorries, with particular attention being paid to the
  ditches and countryside of the area.
  2. Mrs MacPherson reported that gas works are to be carried out in Church Lane
      for 12 weeks commencing some time between 4th and 13th January.
  3. Despite the creation of parking spaces at Court Broomes people are still
      parking on the verge. They are causing mud on the pavement which is making
      it very slippery and dangerous and making the verge look unsightly. Would it
      be possible for bollards to be placed at the end of the verge to stop this. MBC
      have been out to visit the residents of number 2 who have now stopped
      parking there but other vehicles are now doing it.
  Action: Clerk to contact Highways Department for their view on the
  installation of bollards
  4. There are still pot holes outside the village hall and along Church Road. Many
      of the roads are in need of attention.
  Action: Clerk to invite MBC to walk the roads to look at all areas needing
  attention
  5. Flooding – Mr Flegg questioned who was responsible for digging out the grips
      to avoid flooding. The area between Elm Cottage and Penne Barn has been
      flooded twice this year. The best run off at the moment is towards Elm
      Cottage although the desired run off would be towards Penne Barn.
  Action: Clerk to write to Highways requesting they look at the matter.
  6. Trees planed along East Sutton Road – a percentage of these trees have died
      and all have not been staked. Cllr Edmed asked that he be given delegated
      powers to count up those that are dead and liaise with Messrs Flegg and
      Worsfold regarding their replacement. It was proposed by Cllr Smith,
      seconded Cllr Stewart that delegated powers be granted
  7. Toddler swings are badly cracked
  Action: Clerk to contact MBC re repair

ADDITIONAL MATTERS FOR DISCUSSION AT NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will incorporate the Annual Parish Meeting. Clerk to invite all user
groups to attend and give annual report.

DATE OF NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING – 2nd March 2005

There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.45 p.m.



ESPC 05.01.05
Page 3 of 3

				
DOCUMENT INFO
Shared By:
Categories:
Tags:
Stats:
views:6
posted:2/27/2010
language:English
pages:3