Introduction to the UN internet lesson
TYPE IN THIS WEBSITE ADDRESS: www.un.org/cyberschoolbus
ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE PAGE CLICK ON: U.N intro
READ THE PAGES OF TEXT AND ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:
1. Describe the UN emblem and explain what it stands for
2. When was the UN created?
3. Give 2 facts about the creation of the UN
4. What is the main purpose of the UN?
5. How many members are part of the UN?
6. Where is the UN headquarters?
1. Choose 3 aims from the list that you consider to be the MOST important
and explain why
2. Choose 1 aim that you consider to be the LEAST important and explain
3. Which Principle do you think is hard to achieve and explain why
1. What was the league of Nations?
1. What is an NGO?
2. Why are they involved in the UN?
NOW RETURN TO THE MAIN HOME PAGE TO FIND OUT WHAT MDG
GIVE A DEFINITION OF MDG
LIST THE 8 MDGS AND GIVE A BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF WHAT EACH ONE IS?
WHY ARE THEY SO IMPORTANT?
CHOOSE ONE THAT COULD BE EASY TO ACHIEVE. EXPLAIN WHY YOU THINK
THIS AND GIVE REASONS HOW THIS COULD BE DONE.