All Quiet on the Western Front
Use one of the following methods to complete one of the following assignments.
Powerpoint Presentation Essay
Movie Maker Production Photo Story Presentation
Newspaper article Speech
Memoir Choose your own (check)
The following are different topics that are important in the novel. Pick one and make
sure to support your opinions and ideas with quotes and examples from the novel.
1. The idea of transformation of a person plays a role in this novel. How do people
transform and what causes this transformation? Refer to the novel and also
people in society today.
2. One of the important points in this novel is the issue of war. How does war affect
3. War has its own general horrors, but also has other specific effects. Research
and write an essay about an aftereffect of war, such as Gulf War Syndrome,
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, or a refugee crisis.
4. Choose a character from the novel and explain his importance to the novel, what
he represents and the events that illustrate his character.
5. People involved in war deal with a lot of traumatic experiences. Explain, using
examples from the novel and other sources, how a person can or does overcome
6. Create your own topic. Review with the teacher on your new topic.
Information is complete and reflective of topic /25
At least 3 sources used and cited /5
Organization of presentation /10
Writing mechanics (spelling, grammar, etc) /10