Plan of action for a smoke-free
1. Discuss with and receive acceptance for
the plan of action from all unions
represented at the hospital.
2. Present the plan of action for approval
to hospital management.
3. Install clear signs forbidding smoking,
including reference to smoking areas,
as well as information about a smoke-
free hospital. Smoking areas will be
indicated on the hospital maps.
4. Present this work to the local and
regional press and media during the
annual ”smoke-free week”.
5. Plan to stop the sale of cigarettes and
other tobacco products in the hospital
6. Provide information about smoke-free
hospital on the website and in job
7. When recruiting, inform smokers about
a smoke-free-hospital and nicotine
8. Inform all hospital empolyees about
nicotine addiction, the guidelines for
an HPH with reference to a smoke-
free hospital. This information is also
found on the Intranet.
Receive a letter from the hospitals chief consultant
with a brochure and simple tools for helping patients.
Report nicotine addiction in the journal system.
Register the diagnosis F172 (nicotine addiction)
during consultation and at admissions.
Sign standard referrals to the tobacco-prevention
10. Inform expectant parents about the
dangers of smoking and available
treatment during their social insurance
meetings every other month.
11. Cooperate with the municipality to
inform teachers at the beginning of
every term about the consequences of
12. Improve co-operation with primary
13. Extend the plan of action to the rest of
Scania through the HPH management. .
14. Evaluate the work annually.
•Health Insurance Authorities