THE CLASH OF THE TITANS
k Manoj Pai
1. SUNIL BHARTI MITTAL(md and
chairman) 1. Mr. Kumar Mangalam
2. MANOJ KOHLI(chief executive Birla (md and
3. AKHIL GUPTA 2. Smt. Rajashree Birla
4. ATUL BINDAL 3. Mr. Saurabh Misra
5. DAVID NISHBALL 4. Mr. Sanjeev Aga
6. DR. JAI MENON 5. Mr. Arun Thiagarajan
7. KRISHNAMURTHY SHANKAR 6. Ms. Tarjani Vakil
8. S ASOKAN 7. Mr. Mohan Gyani
9. SANJAY KAPOOR 8. Mr. Gian Prakash Gupta
10. SRIKANTH BALACHANDER 9. Mr. R.C. Bhargava
11. TINA UNEKEN 10. Mr. P. Murari
12. SHAMINI RAMALINGAM 11. Biswajit A. Subramanian
13. K SRINIVAS 12. Dr. Hansa Wijayasuriya
14. JYOTI PAWAR
15. SHIREESH MUKUND JOSHI
•Initially The Birlas, The Tatas and AT&T Wireless each held one-third equity in the
company, But following AT&T Wireless' merger with Cingular Wireless in 2004,
Cingular decided to sell its 32.9% stake in Idea. This stake was bought by both The
Tatas and Birlas at 16.45% each.
•Tata's foray into the cellular market with its own subsidiary, Tata Indicom, a
CDMA-based mobile provider, cropped differences between The Tatas and the
• The Birlas thus approached the DOT and sought its intervention, and The Tatas
replied by saying that they would exit Idea but only for a good price. On April 10,
2006, The Aditya Birla Group announced its acquisition of the 48.18% stake held by
the Tatas at Rs. 40.51 a share amounting to Rs. 44.06 billion.
GOALS ADOPTED AND OBJECTIVES
IDEA – Brand VISION
The India footprint Idea
Airtel always think in fresh and Anywhere connectivity - bringing India closer.
innovative ways about the needs of The Technology Advantage Idea
their customers. They deliver what they Tomorrow's technology to enrich today.
promise and go out of their way to The Customer Focus Idea
delight the customer with a little bit Make a single interaction a lasting relationship.
The Employee Focus Idea
Nurture the roots that nurture our ideas.