A. GENERAL PROPERTY INFORMATION
1. What is the location of the property?
2. Who is the property manager?
3. What size (in hectares) is the property?
4. What is the property currently used for?
5. What is the proposed future use for the property?
6. How much land (in hectares) do you propose to clear?
7. What public utilities or infrastructure are provided in the area? (eg, roads,
B. PLANNING ACT REQUIREMENTS
1. Are there any land use objectives for the land? If yes, what do they indicate
for the property?
2. Does an Interim Development Control Order apply to the land? If yes, what
are its requirements?
3. What is the potential impact of the proposed native vegetation clearing on the
existing and future amenity of the area?
4. What are the merits of the proposed native vegetation clearing?
5. Describe the detriment and the benefit to public interest of the proposed
native vegetation clearing?
[INSERT PROPERTY NUMBER AND LOCALITY] 1
C. GENERAL LEGISLATIVE REQUIREMENTS
1. Have you undertaken a Public Environment Report (PER) or an
Environmental Impact Statement in accordance with the Environmental
Assessment Act for the proposed development? If yes, what were the results
of this assessment?
2. Are firebreaks (minimum width 4 metres) installed around the property
boundaries in accordance with the Bushfires Act?
3. Are there any declared heritage places, objects or archaeological sites within
the meaning of the Heritage Conservation Act on the property?
4. Are there any sacred sites within the meaning of the NT Aboriginal Sacred
Sites Act on the property?
5. Are there any sites of national environmental significance under the
Commonwealth’s Environmental Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act
on the property?
6. Describe whether any threatened wildlife as declared under the Territory
Parks and Wildlife Conservation Act is present on the property?
7. Are there any essential habitats, within the meaning of the Territory Parks and
Wildlife Conservation Act on the property?
D. LIVESTOCK, PASTURE AND PRODUCE MANAGEMENT
1. If the proposed clearing is for livestock, outline the number of livestock
currently carried and the proposed final number of livestock to be carried on
2. Provide details of exotic pasture species and the area (hectares) to be
3. Describe the proposed techniques to manage and prevent the spread of
exotic pastures beyond the target area? (for example; exotic pasture setback
from native vegetation, grazing regimes, location of fences and watering
4. If the proposed clearing is for horticulture provide details of the crop types and
area to be planted?
[INSERT PROPERTY NUMBER AND LOCALITY] 2
E. WATER AND IRRIGATION MANAGEMENT
1. Describe the source and details of any water currently available on the
2. How much water (in megalitres) will be required to sufficiently supply the
proposed land use?
3. What water sources (bores, surface water) are proposed to meet this
4. What type of irrigation system is to be used? (for example; micro-sprinklers,
F. NATIVE VEGETATION AND BIODIVERSITY MANAGEMENT
1. Describe what native vegetation communities are currently present on the
2. Describe what native vegetation communities and/or species are proposed for
3. Are there any permanent or seasonal surface water features such as
waterways, billabongs, wetlands or springs on the property?
4. Describe what native vegetation will be retained adjacent to any waterways,
wetlands or rainforests?
5. Describe what native vegetation buffers and native vegetation strips will be
retained along property boundaries?
6. Describe what native vegetation corridors will be retained between remnant
native vegetation areas?
7. Outline what the potential impacts of the proposed clearing may be on
[INSERT PROPERTY NUMBER AND LOCALITY] 3
G. SOIL AND EROSION MANAGEMENT
1. Describe the average slope (%) of the land proposed for clearing? (for
example; metres rise over metres run x 100 ~ expressed as a %).
2. Describe soil types and soil structure in the areas proposed for clearing? (for
example; soil colour and sand/loam/clay consistency).
3. Describe what measures will be undertaken to prevent erosion and
sedimentation if the proposed area is cleared?
4. Provide details of the proposed clearing method and the proposed timing? (for
example; equipment to be used and time of year).
H. WEED, PEST AND DISEASE MANAGEMENT
1. Describe any weed species present on the property and their location and
extent in hectares?
2. Describe the control measures currently undertaken and proposed to manage
weed species on the property? (eg. spraying or integrated pest management).
3. Describe how pest species will be controlled for crops and provide brief
details of equipment to be used?
[INSERT PROPERTY NUMBER AND LOCALITY] 4