BYLAW NO. 5048
A BYLAW OF THE CITY OF MOOSE JAW
TO PROVIDE FOR THE
CONSOLIDATION OF BYLAWS
WHEREAS section 86.1 of The Urban Municipality Act, 1984 provides, in part, as follows:
"86.1(1) A council may, by bylaws, authorize a designated officer to consolidate one or more bylaws
of the urban municipality."
NOW THEREFORE, THE MUNICIPAL CORPORATION OF THE CITY OF MOOSE JAW
ENACTS AS FOLLOWS:
1. This Bylaw may be referred to as the "Office Consolidation Bylaw".
2. The City Clerk/Solicitor is the officer designated to consolidate Bylaws of the City of Moose
Jaw in accordance with section 86.1 of The Urban Municipality Act, 1984.
Consolidation of Bylaws
3. In consolidating a bylaw, the City Clerk/Solicitor shall:
(a) incorporate all the amendments to it into one bylaw;
(b) omit any provision that has been repealed or that has expired; and
(c) omit the preamble and any signatures of officials attesting to the original bylaw and
of all bylaws amending it.
4. The consolidation of a bylaw shall not be held to operate as the adoption of new laws by City
Council or otherwise but shall be construed and have effect as a consolidation of the law as
contained in the original bylaws.
Coming into Force
5. This Bylaw comes into force and effect upon the passage thereof.
PASSED AND ENACTED this 18th day of January, A.D. 1999
“Steven D. Schiefner
READ a first time the 18th day of January, A.D. 1999
READ a second time the 18th day of January, A.D. 1999
READ a third time the 18th day of January, A.D. 1999