Aligning IT & Business Goals – Step-by-Step Program
The purpose of Business& IT Alignment is to optimize the value that IT contributes to the enterprise. Use this step-by-step program – rich with proven tools & research - as the first step to successfully outlining a strategic roadmap for your organization.
An organization has successfully aligned IT strategy to business strategy when there is:
• A shared understanding of how IT applications, technologies and services will contribute to business objectives – today and in the future.
• A shared focus on where to expend scarce resources, time and money; the tradeoffs the enterprise is prepared to make.
• A credible working relationship between the IT organization and the rest of the business evidenced by reliable daily operations, responsive problem management and predictable, innovative solution delivery.
Info-Tech’s Aligning IT & Business Goals program includes tools & related research to complete three main steps:
1. Set Conditions to Achieve Alignment
2. Determine IT Value Imperatives
3. Assess IT Organizational Alignment
4. Develop IT Vision and Mission
When you have completed our Aligning IT & Business Goals program you will have:
• Support from key executives to participate in developing the IT Strategy.
• An understanding of how emerging technologies, applications and trends can or will impact your enterprise and your IT organization.
• Clear expectations of how IT will contribute to reaching the company’s business goals and objectives.
• A defined articulation of IT’s role in, and value to, the enterprise for the strategic horizon.