THE UNITED KINGDOM HYDROGRAPHIC OFFICE
Non Executive Director (Sales and Marketing)
Located in Taunton
The UK Hydrographic Office (UKHO) provides award winning global coverage for navigational
charts, products and services. It has a key role supporting safe navigation at sea. The UKHO
whilst satisfying defence requirements is a world leader in the international navigational
information sector. The organisation is currently undergoing a period of immense change
with the Executive and Board driving the evolution of the UKHO into a highly customer-
focused, market-led business, with the power of the Admiralty brand and seeks a Non
Executive Director to facilitate this change.
The successful applicant will be required to:
• Attend Board meetings and provide advice and guidance with particular focus on the
delivery of products and services to market.
• Provide strategic and commercial insights into the wide range of decisions, and test
conventions within the UKHO.
• Work with other Board members in setting and monitoring business goals, targeting
improvements in how the UKHO database is utilised and maximised as a sales tool.
• Be a highly successful commercial Director/Board level individual ideally from a FTSE 250 or
equivalent, with detailed knowledge of the sales and marketing function.
• Have experience of multi channel delivery to a globally regulated market. Have the ability to
identify the opportunities and risks in the development of new products and services.
• Have experience of change management, preferably from a non-IT led business.
This appointment is a fixed term appointment for three years.
This is a Ministry of Defence non-reserved post and is therefore open to UK, British
Commonwealth and European Economic Area nationals. Candidates should normally have
been resident in the UK for at least the last five years.
Please visit www.ukho.gov.uk for a Non Executive Director (Sales and Marketing) Information
The closing date for all applications is 31st January 2010
The MoD and its agencies are committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all.