COACHELLA VALLEY WATER DISTRICT - WELL DESIGN
Client: Coachella Valley Water District
Project Type: Well Design
Address: P.O. Box 1058, Coachella, CA 92236
Telephone: (760) 398-2651
Date: 2001 - ongoing Contact: Ms. Carrie Oliphant
GEOSCIENCE has been providing professional well design and technical advice for screen and filter pack design for
high-capacity ground water wells drilled by the Coachella Valley Water District since 2001. In addition to well design
and construction supervision, GEOSCIENCE has also provided redevelopment programs for three wells that produced
high quantities of sand. To date, 35 wells have been designed and constructed.
• Obtained and reviewed background geohydrologic data.
• Reviewed and made recommendations for construction drawings, specifications, and bid documents.
• Conducted onsite inspection services during well installation and testing, including well rehabilitation and
redevelopment where appropriate.
• Provided recommendations on pump design and discharge rates.
• Produced final reports documenting completion of work.
GEOSCIENCE continues to provide ongoing design services for new production wells for the District.