WAN Assessment Template
1. Select a WAN technology from the drop down list in Column A in the Current WAN Inventory worksheet.
2. Identify the location of the WAN connection in Column B.
3. Select the bandwidth of the connection from the drop down list in the Current WAN Inventory worksheet.
4. The price per Mbps column will autopopulate based on estimated cost per Mbps of the given technology.
5. The cost per connection column will autopopulate based on the data previously entered.
6. When all WAN connections have been populated, delete any rows not used and a total will autopopulate for all WAN connec
Once an accurate inventory of the current WAN network is complete go through the discovery process with telcos/ISPs to deter
what services are available and follow the same process as above for the "new" WAN network on the Optimized WAN Inventor
Total savings will be populated in the Optimized WAN Inventory worksheet, providing immediate insight into available cost savi
Items of Note:
- Values can be changed in the "Variables Section" of each worksheet to reflect exact pricing per Mbps.
- Each worksheet has room for up to 50 WAN connections and can easily be cu