HOW DOES THE MSA MEDIA/COMMERCIAL ACCREDITATION WORK?
1. MSA issues media accreditation
Motorsport South Africa (MSA) as the controlling body of all Motorsport in the country, issues Media/
Commercial Accreditation to journalists and photographers to gain access to Motorsport events throughout
2. MSA issue accreditation for 3 distinct groups:
2.1 JOURNALISTS (bona-fide members of the media who is permanently employed or freelances
for a publication.
2.2 PHOTOGRAPHERS (bona-fide members of the media who is permanently employed, freelances,
work for or owns a website where sponsored pictures for the media are available and whose work are
2.3 COMMERCIAL PHOTOGRAPHERS (photographers who sell their pictures commercially, either at
events or through a website, and do NOT qualify under 2.2 above.
3. MSA issues the following accreditation for:
3.1 Journalists – an Access Card with a picture on of the journalist, which allows access to all
Motorsport events for the categories applied for on the application, i.e. entry through the gate.
3.2 Photographers – a Media Bib (with a distinct number and the year 2008 on it), which allows access
To Restricted Areas.
3.3 Commercial Photographers – A Bib (with a distinct number and the year 2008 on it), which allows
access to Restricted Areas.
HOW DO I APPLY?
1. Print the 2008 Media/Commercial Accreditation Form
2. Complete fully
3. Submit the following to Estie du Toit email@example.com, Fax: 086 610 4159 or PO Box 1149,
Vorna Valley, 1686
• A Jpeg-passport picture of yourself
• Clippings of published articles and/or published photographs
WHAT PROCESS DOES MSA FOLLOW?
1. MSA’s Media Accreditation Committee reviews the accreditation application.
2. Once the Accreditation is granted, the applicant is informed via e-mail.
3. The applicant pays the required accreditation costs and fax proof of payment to Fax: 086 610 4159
4. Accreditation is processed and issued.
5. Accreditation is ready for collection or postage. Costs of courier to be borne by application.
WHAT ARE THE COSTS?
1. The cost to journalists who do not require entrance to restricted access areas, but merely require entrance
to events, are: R50 for the Accreditation Card.
2. The cost to photographers who require entrance to events and access to restricted areas are:
R50 for the access card
R100 for the Media Bib and;
R150 for the Official Insurance (the latter is compulsory ONLY if the Photographer cannot provide proof that
his medical aid covers him for Motorsport and is due to the exposed risk of photographers).
3. The cost to commercial photographers is:
R2 500/annum (which includes the access card and a Bib).
In the interest of the promotion of the sport, MSA will consider applications from bona-fide members of the media
or individuals whose work are published in the media favourably.
MSA acknowledges that commercial photographers (who may not submit their work to the media for publications)
are rendering a valued service to competitors. The MSA Media Accreditation Committee has therefore instituted
the R2 500/annum fee for commercial photographers so as not to exclude them from the sport. This money (other
than the actual cost of the access card and bib) will be put in a Trust Fund and the MSA Board of Directors will
decide on a social responsible way to invest the funds, i.e. a donation/scholarship to a PDI photography student.
FOR ENQUIRIES, CONTACT: Estie du Toit
PR & Communications Manager
Motorsport South Africa
Tel: 011 840 0673
Fax: 086 610 4159
Cell: 083 631 3122