How to Migrate Data from Nova-T4 to Cover 7
Applicable to SIMS .net version
You will need to be a member of the Cover Manager User Group in System Manager to migrate data from
Nova-T4 to Cover 7. Please see your System Administrator/Manager if you are not sure whether you have
the required permissions.
This help sheet describes how to migrate your Nova-T4 data in to Cover 7. You can choose to import from
the following data:
Room closure reasons
Fulfilled assignment requirements
Cover rota (on-call and off-call).
WARNING: When data is imported into Cover 7 from Nova-T4, all existing Cover 7 rotas, covers and
reasons for closures are deleted.
Exporting cover data from Nova-T4
1. Open Nova-T4.
2. Select Cover | Parameters to select a date range to export cover data from and to.
Page 1 of 5
Capita Education Services, Franklin Court, Stannard Way,
Priory Business Park, Cardington, Bedford MK44 3JZ. Tel 01234 838080
3. Select File | Export Routines | to Cover Management to display the Exporting Cover data to SIMS
4. Click the Yes button to display the Enter name for transfer dialog.
The default file location is c:\simsroot\sims\snova\transfer
5. Click the OK button to display the Export to Cover dialog.
6. Click the Yes button to export data for excluded periods or click the No button to omit export data for
7. Click the OK button. An XML file containing Nova-T4 cover data is created and saved.
How to Migrate Data from Nova-T4 to Cover 7 Page 2 of 5
Importing cover data in to Cover 7
1. Select Tools | Cover | Import from Nova-T4 to display the Import wizard.
2. Browse to locate the XML file to import. The default location is
The Start Date, End Date, Time Table Cycle Days and Time Table Cycle Period are displayed.
3. Click the Next button to display the Activity Log. Any cover details that have failed and have not been
imported are listed.
4. Click the Continue button to display a list of data items that were selected in the Nova-T4 export and
which will be imported in to Cover 7. Alternatively, click the Abort button to cancel the export.
How to Migrate Data from Nova-T4 to Cover 7 Page 3 of 5
5. Click the Next button to display a list of absence reasons and absence types. Select an absence type for
each absence reason. NOTE: THIS SCREEN WILL BE UPDATED FOR THE MAIN RELEASE.
6. Click the Finish button to complete the Nova-T migration.
Providing feedback on this help sheet
If you have any suggestions or comments about this or any of our other help sheets, please email
Help sheet revision history
Doc. Version Change Description Date
1131-001 Initial Release 18/01/08
How to Migrate Data from Nova-T4 to Cover 7 Page 4 of 5