STUDENT MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTIONS
POSITION: Bryant Center Student Manager
REPORTS TO: Richard L. Dankel, Director, Bryant Center
The Bryant Center Student Manager is responsible for the overall supervision of the building, services,
and student employees in the absence of full-time professionals or in addition to regular staff. The Student
Manager is also the liaison for the auxiliary services in the building. Student Managers are on duty nights,
weekends and during recognized programs. In addition, each manager is responsible for an assigned
service area of the operation. These areas include: The Scoop, Info Desk, BTA and Deposits, Bryant
Center Attendants, and Human Resources.
NOTE: This is a PAID position.
Student Managers will act as a supervisor for all activities and operations in the Bryant Center. Also,
Student Managers supervise all student staff of the Bryant Center while on duty.
• Responsible for the safe and secure operation of the Bryant Center while on duty.
• Hire, train, and supervise student staff in assigned area.
• Coordination of service areas including: marketing, development of services/products and
• Enforce all University and Bryant Center policies and regulations
• Reconcile cash with register readings and make appropriate deposits
• Keep the director of the Bryant Center & the Center for Student Involvement staff informed of all
problems and concerns related to the operation.
• Attend scheduled weekly meetings and scheduled training.
• Be willing to take on additional responsibilities as assigned by the director of the Bryant Center &
the Center for Student Involvement staff.
• 12 hours per week in assigned area*
• Duty hours as assigned weekly
• Attend one weekly manager’s meeting
• Attend a one week training session prior to opening of school and one training/retreat weekend in