Support for your invention!
Innovate 20 is a six month program that focuses on successfully
building brands for long term market or licensing opportunities.
To qualify for the program for the program:
1. Products must be at patent pending status or patent issued
2. A business plan or feasibility plan or concept in place
3. A final prototype completed
The six-month program is focused on bringing new technology to
markets through licensing venues, sales development, accessing
financing sources and brand management
For more information on Innovate 20 please contact us at
503-546-8813 or email us at Kedma@mipooregon.org
Benefits received through Innovate 20
• First-rate instructional program
• Premier networking opportunities
• Quality interaction with experts
• No scam inventor program
• Access to MIPO resources
• Product Assessment Evaluation
• Inventor Consulting Opportunities
supporting innovative products and models
locally, nationally and internationally.
The program focuses on key components
to building success opportunities for sales
and potential licensing ventures.
Learn from a trusted non-profit agency!
A sample of some of the trainings!
Creating a Strategic Plan Validating your Market Branding and Promoti
This course provides a thorough review This course provides the building blocks This course provides a c
of the markets and a strategic plan to for understanding and validating the process to increasing ma
impact the market. It is designed to potential market. Participants will be utilizing branding and pr
address critical goals to meet necessary involved in real time market validation tactics to support sales a
benchmarks and milestones with actual and potential consumers. opportunities. .
What does the course cover? What does the course cover?
A strategic plan for market success An overview of key market validation: What does the course c
• Steps to bring invention to market • Identifying primary and secondary An overview of key prom
• Choosing the best routes tier strategies:
• Creating the Plan • Designing market validation tools • Using the media t
• Designing Milestones • Create market theory charts advantage
• Validating Results • Testing the market theories • Effectively creatin
• Leveraging Resources • Validating the market theories releases
• Address Challenges • Analyzing the market theories • Utilizing trade eve
• Updating strategic plan based on branding
results • Building a promo
• The rules to netwo
• Branding your pro
• Creating a Promo
Learn from a trusted non-profit!
The Licensing Track Negotiating a Deal Uncovering hidde
This course reviews the options to Negotiating is the building blocks for SBIR funding, busi
licensing an invention. Taught by selling and/or licensing a deal. grants!
successful inventors that have Emphasis is on relationship building
licensed their invention to a and cutting edge negotiation tactics.
What does the course cover? What does the course cover? What does the cou
• Reasonable Licensing Terms • Preparing for the deal • The SBIR Pr
• Reviewing Average Royalty • Handling initial reluctance • Reviewing th
Fees • Communication tactics • Preparing th
• Different Licensing options • Working with different • Best practici
• Locating Industry personalities • Future Phase
Manufacturers • Building an equitable deal • Creating a S
• Managing Licensing Risks • Working through tough • Bartering yo
• Preparing for the Deal negotiations • Access hidde
• Finding a favorable outcome • Foundations
• Creating a negotiation plan • Contracts