How to Configure the LinkSys WAP54G Access Point
1. For this device you initially start with both your computer and the access point
connected to the network. If you have 2 data ports in your room you should have your
PC connected to one and the access point connected to the other. Insert the setup CD that
came with your LinkSys access point and follow the prompts until you reach the
following screen. Make sure you select the access point on the left hand side that
matches the 12 digit MAC address on the right. The MAC address will be printed on the
bottom of your access point.
2. On the Basic Settings screen please give your device name a descriptive name such as
Belk_rm123. MAKE CERTAIN you have Automatic-DHCP selected in the Network
3. Set the SSID to the same device name you set in the previous step.
4. Wireless security is recommended. In this example we will configure WEP security.
5. Enter a security passphrase. This will then generate the WEP key which you will use
to make your wireless connection later.
6. Now open up your Windows Wireless Network Settings and click on View Wireless
7. Locate your wireless device name in the list and highlight it. You can either double-
click on it or click the Connect button. You will then be prompted to enter the WEP Key
you generated earlier.
8. Now you’re connected to your wireless access point!