How to Use the Rotary International “Business Portal”
For 2002-2003 Presidents and Secretaries
Effective July 2, 2001 Rotary International has opened its "Rotary Business Portal" which makes it possible for clubs to
do the following:
• Update their Rotary Membership Database live on the RI server (Add members, Terminate members, Change
• Submit their Semi-Annual Report (SAR) online and pay their dues at the same time
• Update the club information (President, Secretary, President-Elect, Secreta ry-Elect, Club Internet
Communications Officer, Club Address, etc.)
• Access the entire Rotary Official Directory online
• Make Rotary Foundation Contributions online
There have been many questions as to exactly how to use this Rotary Business Portal. Following are step-by-step
instructions on getting set up to use the newly activated system.
Before you start please take note: The Business Portal may be accessed by current Club Presidents and
Secretaries ONLY as well as the current District Governor! Secretaries and Presidents for the year 2002-2003
will not be able to access the Business Portal until July 1, 2002.
Effective July 1, 2002, the Rotary Business Portal will be linked to the Rotary International database for the Rotary
International Directory which will contain information on the 2002-2003 DG, Presidents and Secretaries based on the
Club Information Forms which were submitted to Rotary International for the 2002-2003 Rotary Year by the
individual Rotary clubs. That information will be published in the 2002-2003 edition of the Rotary Official
Directory. You should first check your club’s listing in the 2002-2003 O.D. (each club secretary will be mailed a
copy of the O.D. in early July).
VERY IMPORTANT: On July 1, 2002, if the new officers do not match those listed in the 2002-2003 Rotary
International Official Directory (for whatever reason) you will not be able to access the information until the club
information is updated. In a case such as this, the “listed officers” (per the 2002-2003 RI Official Directory) must
first access the system as described below and “Update Club Information”, then the new club officer(s) for 2002-
2003 will be able to gain access and follow the same procedure.
Before you can use the portal, you must Register Your Email Address with Rotary International (or confirm that your
Email address is correct).
1. Log onto the Rotary International Web Site http://www.rotary.org
2. Under "Rotary Interactive" on the left hand side of the page, click on "Email Address and Groups Manager"
3. When the page comes up, Read the information on the page!! And then click the ENTER button.
4. On the next screen, you will need to enter your personal Rotary Membership ID number. If you do not know
this number, locate a copy of "The Rotarian" magazine. Your Member ID number can be found on the mailing
label in the upper left hand corner right below the row of asterisks. Enter the number exactly as you see it.
5. Click "Verify" and the following screen will appear.
6. Now you need to enter your Club ID number. If you do not know this number, contact your club Secretary. The
number can be found on the latest paper copy of the Semi-annual Report that was sent to the clubs.
7. After you enter the Club ID number, click "verify" and a new screen will open.
8. You will now need to enter your District ID Number. For example, District 5220’s ID is “5220”.
9. Click "Verify", and the “Your E-Mail Profile” screen will appear
10. Next you will need to indicate which Rotary Email “groups” you would like to be a part of. Stay on the same
page and scroll down the screen until you see the following “lists” in the yellow box.
11. Follow the instructions and when you have checked all of the boxes that you are interested in receiving RI
broadcast email from, then click “Submit Email Preferences”. This will bring up the following window screen
which will confirm all of the RI email lists you have subscribed to.
12. Or, if you prefer not to receive any RI broadcast email, click the “Exit” button and the following screen will
appear and Step one of getting registered to use the Rotary Business Portal will be completed. Now you are ready
to complete Step 2 by clicking on the “Register for the Business Portal” link.
Now that you've set up your email address, you need to set up your "User Name" and get a Password from R.I. To do
this, from the screen above click on “Register for the Business Portal” and take the following steps.
1. The Business Portal “User Registration” page will appear as follows: Note: When the page comes up on your
computer, it will have your District Number, Club Number, and Member ID number in the boxes. Those numbers
will replace the “X’s” that you see in the image below:
2. From the above window, you now need to enter a valid “User Name”. Follow the instructions in the paragraph
above the entry box to make sure that you user name will be “valid”. Once your preferred User Name is entered,
Click the Submit button.
3. Now you’ll need to wait a minute for an email from Rotary International. When it comes, it will have your User
Name and your new Password. WRITE THIS DOWN and put it someplace where you can find it if you can’t
remember it later!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.
4. Now you are ready to begin using the Rotary Business Portal. Click the “Home” button in the upper left hand
corner of the screen to return to you the Main Rotary Home Page.
Congratulations, you've come to the final step. By now, you've set up your email, set up your User ID, and received your
Password from Rotary International. Now let's use the Business Portal.
1. From the Rotary Home page click on the "Rotary Business Portal" in the left hand column under "Rotary
2. The Business Portal window will open. Select “English” from the top of the list.
3. The main Business Portal Screen will appear.
4. You will now need to “Log In” by entering the User Name you set up in Step 2 and the Password you received
from Rotary International. Once you’ve entered them, click the “Log In”. button then wait for the Portal
window to open. PLEASE BE PATIENT . . . this will take some time as you are accessing the RI Secured
Server with all of the clubs and members in it and how long it takes to open will depend on what type of
connection you are using (dial up, DSL, Cable, T-1).
5. When the Portal opens you will be greeted with a window that looks similar to the following except that it will
have your name at the top:
6. Now you can start “working” on the Business Portal”.
7. If you want to add members, terminate members, or edit current member information, click on the "Update
Membership Data" button and the following window will open:
8. Here you can add or terminate members as well as update all member information. Simply click on the option
you want and follow the on-screen prompts.
9. If you want to pay your Semi-Annual Dues, click on the “Pay” button. This window will only be “active” during
the months of January and July . . . the time during which all clubs are to pay their Semi-Annual dues.
10. If you want to update your Club Information for the Rotary International Official Directory, click on "Update
11. PLEASE NOTE: Once you add new members, terminate members, or change the club or member information
you will no longer have to submit paper reports to R.I.
12. When you are through working on the Business Portal, click on “Log Out and you're done.
13. CONGRATULATIONS!! You’ve “gone electronic!”