1. DD homozygous Dominant?
Genetics Worksheet Day 1
1. A heterozygous tall plant is crossed with a short plant? What is the
genotypic ratio of the offspring? What is the phenotypic ratio?
2. Two heterozygous tall plants are crossed. What is the genotypic ratio?
. Phenotypic ratio?
3. In pea plants, yellow seeds (Y) is dominant over green seeds (y). A pea
. plant with yellow seeds is crossed with one that has green seeds. In the
resulting offspring, there are about equal numbers of yellow and green seed
. plants? What is the genotype of both parents?
4. In another cross, a yellow seeded plant was crossed with another yellow
. seeded plant and produced offspring 25% of which are green? What are
the parent’s genotypes?
Genetics Worksheet Pedigrees
1. The gene associated with albinism is a rare recessive one. Albino people are
characterized by an absence of pigment of skin, hair, and in the iris of the eyes.
. Homozygous recessive individuals are albino. In one family of six children with normal
colored parents, 2 are albino? Draw a pedigree. What are the parent’s genotype.
2. Assume that right handedness is dominant over left handedness
a right-handed man married a right handed woman. They had
. two children one of which was left-handed the other right handed.
By a later marriage with another woman, the man had nine
. children, six were right handed and three were left handed. Draw
a pedigree and determine the genotypes.