DYNOTEK SLIMLINE SENSORS WITH MODEL 3820 DISPLAY
NOTE: The Slimline sensor and cable are ready for insertion into the target well, and
connection with the display unit and Remote Terminal Unit provided by the well owner.
If any modifications are required to this set-up, please contact Dynotek for conversion
A. CONNECTING SENSOR
1. As noted above, the sensor is set up for connection to an existing RTU
unit. It is recommended that the sensor be connected for testing before
installation in order to zero the unit for elevation. After testing
connections, disconnect and proceed to installation.
2. Connect the red wire from the transducer to the white wire from the non-
power lead coming out of the left strain relief on the bottom of the display
3. Connect the Black lead from the transducer cable to the 4-20 mA +
terminal on the RTU unit.
4. Connect the Black lead from the non-power cable to the 4-20 mA –
terminal on the RTU.
5. Connect the White lead on the power cable to 120 V High
6. Connect the Black lead on the power cable to 120 V Low
7. Connect the Green lead to earth ground in the panel.
8. Energize the 120 V. AC
9. If all connections are correct, the meter should read close to 0 ft.
(depending on elevation).
10. If reading is off by more than 2 feet, call factory for instructions on
adjustment. If two feet or less, subtract this number from all readings.
B. SENSOR INSERTION
1. The Slimline sensor is connected to a 4 conductor (2 used) double
armored stainless steel cable. During insertion it is best to take at least
one turn around a drum or winch head of at least 10 inches in diameter.
For depths beyond 1000 feet, extra care should be taken to support the
weight of the cable during insertion, which is 60 pounds per 1000 feet.
2. Insert cable in sounding tube or annulus until bottom or desired depth is
reached. When sensor is about 5 feet above bottom, attach cable hanger
by removing upper plate and placing cable in central groove in lower
3. Replace upper plate and replace and tighter lock nuts, being careful to
keep cable securely in cable groove. Tighten nuts moderately tight, but
not excessively tight.
4. Check to se that all 3 shackles are tight, and secure orange shackle to
suspension point. Lower sensor to bottom, supporting on cable hanger.
5. Connect sensor leads as directed in section A and check readings. If
readings do not seem to be correct, call factory for instructions.
6. Factory Number 303-748-6574