The First Thanksgiving
To answer questions 1-3, listen to the facts under the photo of the Mayflower (Pilgrim
Timeline) and click on each +
1. What did Elizabeth Hopkins name her son, who was born on the Mayflower?
2. Who did the Pilgrims choose as their first governor?
3. Where is the first landing of the Mayflower? __________________________
Find out what the journey on the Mayflower was like. Click the Start button and listen to
the journey by clicking here.
4. How many days were the Pilgrims at sea? ____________
5. Click here to find out how many passengers were on the Mayflower.
Go to the Tour the Ship page to answer questions 6 and 7.
6. Click on the 04 to learn what was stored in the Hold of the ship. Pick 4 things
that were stored there and list them on the line below.
7. Click on the 03 to hear about the part of the ship where the pilgrims lived.
When they were not seasick, they were mostly ___________________ .
8. To find out what kind of houses the Wampanoag (Native Americans) lived in,
click here. Their houses were called _____________ .
9. Pilgrim children wore many layers of clothing. On the pilgrim side of this
page, click on the number 3. If you were a 5-year-old pilgrim boy, you would
probably wear a _______________ each day.
Click here to find out what the pilgrims and Native Americans ate.
10. List 2 things the pilgrims liked to eat._________________,
11. List 2 things the Native Americans ate. ___________________,
To find out how pilgrim children learned to read and write, click here.
12. They were taught reading and writing by their ___________________ .
13. Click here and write the name of a game that Pilgrim and Wampanoag
children both played._________ __________ __________ .
The Pilgrims who survived the first winter in Plimoth planned a large feast and invited
the Wampanoag people. Click here and listen to the details about the feast by clicking on
the numbers 1-11 at the top of the page.
14. What was the name of the Wampanoag leader?______________
15. What type of meat did the Wampanoag go out and hunt, as a gift to the
16. Did they really have turkey at the first feast? __________