JusTalk Digital Audio Larynx (DAL) is the world's first hands-free, switchless artificial
larynx allowing total mobility for the laryngectomee patient. Once JusTalk is in place and turned on,
no other interaction is required from the user for the unit to work. Using state-of-the-art digital
technology, JusTalk offers new and superior features.
• Easy to use. JusTalk is as easy to use as a transistor radio or • Stimulus Sleep Mode. The system determines when you are
portable CD player. talking and turns up the stimulus volume. When you stop talking
the stimulus volume drops.
• Switchless. Once JusTalk is on the user and turned on, no other
switches are needed to be manipulated by the user. JusTalk is • Phone adaptation. JusTalk is capable of plugging into a standard
programmed to recognize a pause in speech and will pause until wireless phone or cell phone and allow hands-free use of both the
the user is ready to speak again. Once the user begins to speak, phone and artificial larynx. This specially designed cable by JustMed,
JusTalk will unpause automatically. Inc. is now available.
• Hands-free. JusTalk does not require the use of hands once • Pitch selection. JusTalk has variable voice pitch options to best
it is in place on the user. There is no need to press anything against meet the user’s needs.
the users neck or hold anything, freeing the user’s hands for other
use. This eliminates the possibility of pain associated with a • Upgrade capability. JusTalk has software upgrade capability
traditional artificial larynx used right after surgery. for better voice quality in the future. This allows the user to have
access to new and improved software provided by JustMed, Inc.
• Human glottal waveform. Recreation of vocal chord at a minimal cost, without having to replace the entire unit.
soundwaves is used as the stimulus to create voice.
• Hands-free percussive override. Automatically shuts off the
stimulus during voiceless consonants.
• Digital speech enhancement. Computer automatically controls
the volume of voiceless consonants which creates better clarity.
• Rechargeable battery. JusTalk comes with a long-life,
rechargeable battery pack which provides 10-20 hours of continuous 8152 SW Hall Blvd., Suite 512
talk time. JusTalk also allows the user to use 3 standard AA batteries Beaverton, OR 97008
in place of the rechargeable battery pack if such an occasion is needed. 503.524.4223 or toll-free 1.877.390.1799
This is a very important feature when recharging is not available. 503.524.2697 fax www.JustMedInc.com