This is an agreement entered into between the owner of a studio or venue and a
production company for the use of the premises during the shooting of a motion picture
film. This agreement provides the period of time the production company wants to use
the premises in return for a flat fee paid to the owner. The term can be extended by the
production company upon written notice to the owner. This agreement can be used by
property owners or by production companies that want to enter into an agreement for
the use of property in connection with a motion picture film.
STUDIO [or VENUE RELEASE] AGREEMENT
This STUDIO [or VENUE] RELEASE AGREEMENT (hereinafter referred to as the
"Agreement") is made and entered into this _____ day of _______________, 200__ by and
between ____________________, located at _____________________________ (hereinafter
referred to as the "Owner") and _____ _______________, located at
_________________________ (hereinafter referred to as the" Company") and collectively
referred to as the “Parties”.
In consideration of the respective covenants contained herein, the Parties hereto, agree as
1. Owner hereby permits the Company to use the studio venue [Instruction: If the venue is not
a studio then briefly describe what it is, for example, a personal residence] located at
_________________________ (the Property”) in connection with the motion picture currently
entitled __________________________ (the “Picture”) for rehearsing, photographing, filming
and recording scenes and sounds for the Picture.
2. Company, its licensees, sponsors, assigns and successors may exhibit, advertise, promote and
otherwise exploit the Picture or any portion thereof, whether or not such uses contain audio
and/or visual reproduction of the Property and whether or not the Property is identified or
identifiable, in any and all media whatsoever now known or later devised in the universe in
3. The Company shall have the right to bring any personnel and any equipment (including
temporary sets) onto the Property and to remove the same after completion of its use of the
Property hereunder. The Company shall have the right, but not the obligation, to photograph film
and use in the Picture the actual name, if any, connected with the Property or to use any other
name for the Property. If Company depicts the interior(s) of any structures located on the
Property, Owner agrees that Production Company shall not be required to depict such interior(s)
in any particular manner in the Picture.
4. The term of this Agreement (herein referred as the “Term”) shall commence on the date first
written above and shall continue for a period of __________ months. The term may be extended
by the Company if there are changes in the production schedule or other unforeseen delays such
as due to weather conditions, with ( ) days written notice to Owner. The permission
herein granted shall also apply to future retakes and/or added scenes.
5. In consideration of the rights and permission granted hereunder, the Company hereby pays
the Owner a sum of $_______, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged by Owner.
6. The Company acknowledges and agrees that Owner shall retain all ownership rights to the
Property during the Term of the Agreement and thereafter. The Company agrees that if it
becomes necessary to change, alter or rearrange any equipment or fixtures on the Property, it
shall obtain prior written consent from the owner of the Property. After such changes alterations
or rearrangements the Company shall return and restore the said equipment or fixtures to its
original place and condition, or repair it, if necessary.
© Copyright 2011 Docstoc Inc. registered document proprietary, copy not 2
7. Company agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Owner from and against any and all
liabilities, damages and claims of third parties arising from Company’s use hereunder of the
property; and from any physical damage to the Property proximately caused by the Company, or
any of its employees, representatives or agents.
8. Owner warrants that he has the right and authority to enter into this Agreement and to grant
the rights over the property herein. Owner agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Company
from and against any and all claims relating to breach of the aforesaid warranty.
9. Owner acknowledges that any identification of the Property which Company may furnish
shall be at Company’s sole discretion and in no event shall said identification be beyond that
which is reasonably related to the content of the Picture.
10. Owner releases and discharges the Company, its employees, agents, licensees, successors
and assigns from any and all claims, demands or causes of action that Owner may have or may
later have for libel, defamation, invasion of privacy or right of publicity, infringement of
copyright or violation of any other right arising out of or relating to any utilization of the rights
11. Without limiting any of Owner’s other remedies, whether in law or equity, the Company
acknowledges and agrees that Owner shall have the right to injunctive relief, to prevent and/or
cure a breach or threatened breach of this Agreement by the Company.
12. This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State
of _________________. Any dispute, controversy or claim ari