What is cloud computing?
• An encompassing word that denotes
several technologies used together to
provide computer functionality over a
network instead of a stand alone
• An emerging computing paradigm
where data and services reside in
An emerging computing model
4+ billion phones by enabled PCs,
2010 [Source: Nokia] TVs, etc.
How the cloud drives innovation?
Leverage Cloud’s powerful combination of Web 2.0
collaboration platform and dynamic, secure computing
environment to drive business transformations.
Innovation Factory Incubation
Expand sources of Speed time to Lower barriers
innovation with a market for new to IT by
network of offerings by leveraging
partners, exploiting Cloud to
customers, collaboration provide
Multi - facet Scalable
Examples of cloud computing
• Web 2.0 applications
• Provide rich user experience including real-time global
• Enable rapid software development
• Software to scan voluminous Wikipedia edits to identify spam
• Organize global news articles by geographic location
• Data-intensive workloads based on scalable architectures, such
as Google’s MapReduce framework
• Financial modeling, real-time speech translation, Web search
• Next generation rich media, such as virtual worlds, streaming
videos, Web conferencing, etc.