Welcome to the IES SketchUp Plug-in (public beta 2)
1. Google SketchUp 7 : Plugin now works with SketchUp 6 and 7
2. Groups and Components : are now exported to IES <VE> as “Rooms”, “Shading
Surfaces” or can be “Excluded” from analysis.
3. Toolbar update : New icons to access new features
4. Improved compatibility : with 3rd party Plug-ins & large models.
Groups and Components Export
Groups are being analysed if they are marked to be exported by setting the Type to Room, Shade or
Excluded. New added dialogues list the apparent Groups (“Select Group” dialogue) or Components
(“Select Component” dialogue) where next to each entry the export type can be selected from a given
Entities marked as “Room” will be exported to a thermal model, those marked with “Shade” will be
exported to a shading model, which is automatically linked into the thermal model for shading
analysis. Those marked as “Excluded” are ignored by the plug-in.
The Toolbar has been extended to give users easy access to the new added export settings
Previously encountered compatibility issues with 3rd party plug-ins have been addressed, by
renaming all IES plug-in class/modules to be prefixed with “iesve_”. Also, user interaction and
feedback when analysing large models has been improved.
Groups / Components Workflow…
1. View model…
2. Click “Select Groups” button in the IES toolbar…
3. Click “Identify Rooms”, look at the <VE> model…
Refer to Help documentation “Groups and Components” section for further information. Access this
by clicking the Help button on the IES toolbar.