Docstoc

uddi TCminutes-V1.0-20030325

Document Sample
uddi TCminutes-V1.0-20030325 Powered By Docstoc
					                                                       OASIS UDDI Specification TC
                                                        Telecon Meeting Minutes

Minutes - UDDI Spec TC Meeting, 20030325

Date:                   March 25, 2003

Chairs: Tom Bellwood, IBM, bellwood@us.ibm.com
                Luc Clément, Microsoft, lclement@windows.microsoft.com
Secretary:      Hedy Alban, Max Shevet Consulting, hedyalb@aol.com


Logistics

TC telecon is scheduled for Tue 25 March 2003 (Pacific). Time and call-in info:

            UTC-time Seattle            New York London              Frankfurt        Tokyo        Sydney       Auckland
            Tue      Tue                Tue      Tue                 Tue              Wed          Wed          Wed
            21:00    13:00              16:00    21:00               22:00            6:00         8:00         10:00

Call-in Details:
         Dial-In: + 49 - 69 - 27113800
         Code: 22328 #



Agenda
1    Attendance .............................................................................................................................. 1
2    Additions to Agenda ................................................................................................................... 2
3    Approval of Previous Minutes ........................................................................................................ 2
4    Old Business ............................................................................................................................. 3
  4.1        Review of AR List ............................................................................................................. 3
  4.2        Review of CR List ............................................................................................................. 4
  4.3        Status of V2 Standardization Process ..................................................................................... 8
  4.4        Update on KAVI ............................................................................................................... 8
  4.5        Reports from Sub-committees & Discussion of Outstanding Technical Notes & Best Practices ................ 9
5    New Business ........................................................................................................................... 11
  5.1        Summary of standard for external taxonomies......................................................................... 11
  5.2        ASN.1 notation as an alternative to XML Schema proposal .......................................................... 12
  5.3        Namespace Management Thread ......................................................................................... 12
  5.4        UDDI Version 4 ............................................................................................................... 12
  5.5        New Change Requests....................................................................................................... 13
6    Discussion of Additions to Agenda .................................................................................................. 14
7    Upcoming Meetings ................................................................................................................... 14
  7.1        Discuss Telecon Schedule .................................................................................................. 14
  7.2        Host for Upcoming Telecon ................................................................................................ 14




1 Attendance


Member Name                              Company or Organization E-mail id                                                                          3/25/2003
Anderson, Steve                          OpenNetwork              sanderson@opennetwork.com                                                         y
Alban, Hedy                              Max Shevet Consulting    Hedyalb@aol.com                                                                   y
Atkinson, Bob                            Microsoft                bobatk@microsoft.com                                                              y
Bellwood, Tom                            IBM                      bellwood@us.ibm.com                                                               y
Boubez, Toufic                           Layer Seven Technologies tboubez@layer7-tech.com
Cahuzac, Maud                            France Telecom           maud.cahuzac@rd.francetelecom.com                                                 y
Candadai, Arun                           Asera                    arun_candadai@yahoo.com
Carrer, Marco                            Oracle                   marco.carrer@oracle.com


OASIS UDDI Specification TC – Minutes
Page 1 of 14                                                                        Created by:             Tom Bellwood, Luc Clément
                                         OASIS UDDI Specification TC
                                          Telecon Meeting Minutes


Chalimeda, Naresh             Tata Consultancy Services    naresh@tcs-america.com
Cho, Pyounguk                 Iona                         pyounguk.cho@iona.com
Clement, Luc                  Microsoft                    lclement@windows.microsoft.com                y
Colgrave, John                IBM                          colgrave@hursley.ibm.com                      y
Corda, Dr. Ugo                SeeBeyond Technology         ucorda@seebeyond.com                          y
Czimbor, Alexandru            OSS Nokalva                  andru@oss.com
De Nicola, Mike               Fujitsu                      mwdn@fsw.fujitsu.com
Dovey, Matthew                Oxford Univ.                 matthew.dovey@las.ox.ac.uk                    y
Felsted, Patrick R.           Novell Inc.                  pfelsted@novell.com                           y
Feygin, Daniel                Unitspace                    feygin@unitspace.com                          y
Garg, Shishir                 France Telecom               shishir.garg@rd.francetelecom.com             y
Gupta, Rajul                  OSS Nokalva                  rajul@oss.com
Hashida, Yukio                NTT                          y.hashida@ntta.com
Hately, Andrew                IBM                          hately@us.ibm.com                             y
                                                                                                         N/A
                                                                                                         (could not
Henry, Brad A.                NCR                          Brad.Henry@NCR.com                            dial in)
Ioannides, Demetrios          Individual                   dei1@pitt.edu                                 y
Kawai, Aikichi                NTT                          a.kawai@ntta.com                              y
Kibakura, Keisuke             Fujitsu                      kibakura@jp.fujitsu.com                       y
Lee, Eric                     Microsoft                    ericlee@windows.microsoft.com                 y
Lee, Sam                      Oracle                       sam.lee@oracle.com                            y
Macias, Paul A.               LMI                          pmacias@lmi.org                               y
Parham, Jeff                  Microsoft                    jeffparh@windows.microsoft.com                y
Rogers, Tony                  Computer Associates          Tony.Rogers@ca.com                            y
Srivastava, Alok A.           Oracle                       Alok.Z.Srivastava@oracle.com                  y
Thomas Manes, Anne            Individual                   anne@manes.net                                y
Thorpe, Paul                  OSS Nokalva                  thorpe@oss.com
Turner, Kirby                 Individual                   kirby@thecave.com
von Riegen, Claus             SAP AG                       claus.von.riegen@sap.com                      y
Voskob, Max                   MSI Business Solutions       mvoskob@msi.com.au
Wahl, Mark                    Sun                          mark.wahl@sun.com
Zagelow, George               IBM                          zagelow@us.ibm.com                            y
.


2 Additions to Agenda
There were no additions to the agenda.



3 Approval of Previous Minutes
MOTION: Minutes of Mar 25, 2003 approved with no dissent.http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/uddi-
spec/200303/msg00058.html




OASIS UDDI Specification TC – Minutes
Page 2 of 14                                                Created by:      Tom Bellwood, Luc Clément
                                            OASIS UDDI Specification TC
                                             Telecon Meeting Minutes




4 Old Business

4.1      Review of AR List
Review and obtain status from AR owners: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/uddi-
spec/download.php/1163/UDDI-TC-ARList.xls.


4.1.1    AR 005 – Changes to UDDI’s Use of <wsdl:import>

Item      Description                                  Assigned       Status                          Due Date     Status
No.                                                    To
AR 005    Obtain feedback from the WS-I BP             Claus von      WS-I accepted UDDI's proposed    25-Mar-03        Done
          subcommittee with respect to modifying the   Riegen         <wsdl:import> approach, and
          UDDI V3 WSDL to comply with WS-I's                          will be running UDDI WSDL
          suggested restraint on use of                               through their test tools.
          <wsdl:import>. Proposed changes can be
          found in the Minutes of the Face-to-Face                    Claus and John have conferred
          20021111 – 20021112                                         as well as Claus having
                                                                      discussed the matter with the
                                                                      WS-I Working Group. There
                                                                      remains a number of issues;
                                                                      Claus suggests a telecom a
                                                                      telecon with John to discuss
                                                                      outstanding WS-I BP issues.



Claus posted the http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/uddi-spec/200303/msg00051.html :

         John Colgrave and I last week went through the remaining issues w.r.t. import of XML
         schema documents in WSDL and agreed to the following:

         1) The UDDI Version 2 WSDL files are updated so that they conform to the WS-I Basic
         Profile requirements for WSDL 1.1. In particular, this means that XML schema import is
         done by using the xsd:import feature rather than the wsdl:import feature.

         In detail, this is done by replacing

              <import namespace="urn:uddi-org:api_v2"
         location="http://www.uddi.org/schema/uddi_v2.xsd"/>

         with

             <types>
                   <xsd:schema targetNamespace="urn:uddi-org:publication_v2"
         xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
                        <xsd:import namespace="urn:uddi-org:api_v2"
         schemaLocation="http://www.uddi.org/schema/uddi_v2.xsd"/>

                     </xsd:schema>
                </types>




OASIS UDDI Specification TC – Minutes
Page 3 of 14                                                       Created by:       Tom Bellwood, Luc Clément
                                            OASIS UDDI Specification TC
                                             Telecon Meeting Minutes

           (taking the V2 Publication WSDL file as an example - the same is applied to the V2 Inquiry
           WSDL file). Note that the xsd:schema definition uses the WSDL document's
           targetNamespace but actually does not define any schema constructs in this namespace.
           All it does is to import the UDDI V2 API schema and tie it to the "urn:uddi-org:api_v2"
           namespace that is defined at the wsdl:definitions level.

           You can find the updated WSDL files attached.

           2) We'd like these updated files to be accepted by the TC and propose to include them in
           the first UDDI Version 2 Errata after Version 2 (including the current WSDL files) becomes
           an OASIS Standard. We also propose to wait until the WS-I Basic Profile 1.0 is publicly
           published as a final specification. After accepting the Version 2 errata, the WSDL files at
           http://www.uddi.org/wsdl/inquire_v2.wsdl and
           http://www.uddi.org/wsdl/publish_v2.wsdl should also be replaced by the new files so
           that the corresponding tModels point to the updated versions.

           3) I will send a request for clarification to the WS-I Basic Profile Working Group in order to
           let the Basic Profile authors add clarifying text and to remove several inconsistencies in
           some of the examples.

Discussion:

          Claus – All issues are now resolved with the WS-I group.
          In about a week the OASIS will vote on V2. The current version of the WSDL files, which includes
           some changes proposed by the WS-I group, differs only at the editorial level from the version that we
           submitted to OASIS for review, Daniel Feygin and John Colgrave have reviewed the final version.

Motion
The motion to submit the most current version as part of the V2 specs for the OASIS vote was passed with no
objections.



4.2        Review of CR List
We reviewed the open items in the CR List posted at: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/uddi-
spec/download.php/1162/status.htm

4.2.1      CR-009
CR #         Document Identifier            Title / Action                               Authors

CR-009       http://www.oasis-              Correction for legal key characters          John
             open.org/apps/org/workgroup/                                                Colgrave
             uddi-
             spec/download.php/1137/uddi-
             spec-tc-cr009-
             validcharsforuddikeys-
             20030304.doc

Discussion:
        Posting from Andrew: http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/uddi-spec/200303/msg00028.html
        Follow-up posting from Sam to excludeurn:tempuri.com:keyGenerator:keyGenerator:
         http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/uddi-spec/200303/msg00031.html
        Andrew has posted a draft of the UDDI URI registration: http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/uddi-
         spec/200303/msg00020.html; discuss next actions
        Related ARs: AR 007, 008, 021




OASIS UDDI Specification TC – Minutes
Page 4 of 14                                                       Created by:    Tom Bellwood, Luc Clément
                                            OASIS UDDI Specification TC
                                             Telecon Meeting Minutes

Item      Description                                   Assigned To        Status                              Due Date     Status
No.
AR 007    Prepare the submission document that will     Andrew Hately      CR009 needs to be dealt with         25-Mar-03       We will
          be used to register the uddi: scheme                             before registering the syntax.                      close at
                                                                                                                                   next
                                                                           The submission was posted                           meeting
                                                                           20030303 by Andrew. The TC                         following
                                                                           should feedback on content ASAP.                  TC review


AR 008    Register the scheme for V3 Entity Case        Tom Bellwood or    Based on AR 007, Tom and Luc to      25-Mar-03   Depends on
          Folding                                       Luc Clement        contact Karl as next action                             007
AR 021    Andrew is making a change to CR 009 and       Andrew Hately      Further feedback forthcoming         25-Mar-03        Done
          reposting to allow John to comment




Motion
The motion to include Change request CR009 in the V3 bucket passed with no dissent.

Action
Andrew has posted a draft of the UDDI URI registration: http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/uddi-
spec/200303/msg00020.html
We will close on this at the next meeting


4.2.2    CR-027
CR #       Document Identifier              Title / Action                                       Authors

CR-027     http://www.oasis-                Clarify key space definition                         Andrew
           open.org/apps/org/workgroup/                                                          Hately
           uddi-
           spec/download.php/1134/uddi-
           spec-tc-cr027-
           clarifyKeySpaceDefinition-
           20020203.doc



Discussion:
        At the last meeting, there remained dependencies with CR 009.
        Discuss progress on AR 026

Motion
The motion to add CR027 to the V3 bucket passed with no dissent.

Item     Description                         Assigned To      Status                              Due Date     Status
No.
AR 026   CR 027: Andrew and Sam to           Andrew           There remain some dependencies       25-Mar-03    Close out
         update the CR and resubmit          Hately           with CR 009                                            next
                                             Sam Lee          Sam to reapply the refinement                      meeting
                                                              initially submitted to CR 009.
                                                              Andrew to send the document to
                                                              the group.

                                                              Feedback from Andrew expected




OASIS UDDI Specification TC – Minutes
Page 5 of 14                                                        Created by:        Tom Bellwood, Luc Clément
                                             OASIS UDDI Specification TC
                                              Telecon Meeting Minutes

4.2.3    CR-010
CR #       Document Identifier               Title / Action                                         Authors

CR-010     http://www.oasis-                 IsReplacedBy tModel                                    Anne
           open.org/apps/org/workgroup/                                                             Thomas
           uddi-                                                                                    Manes
           spec/download.php/1138/uddi-
           spec-tc-cr010-isreplacedby-
           20030304.doc

Background: We agreed that the definition of an identifier in the V3 spec. glossary should be changed to
remove the cardinality restriction. This would be covered by a separate CR.
Discussion
        We agreed to correct the glossary
        Andrew has posted and discussion taken place: http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/uddi-
         spec/200303/msg00045.html
        Close on update and AR 022

Item      Description                                    Assigned To         Status                                Due Date     Status
No.
AR 022    We want and agree to generalize the            Andrew Hately       We agreed to correct the               25-Mar-03        Done
          behaviour ensuring that isReplacedBy can       Anne Thomas         glossary. Andrew will repost
          be used in situations where the relationship   Manes               CR010 based on the consensus
          is more than a 1:1. Action items:              Daniel Feygin       reached.
          • Andrew to post to the list on this topic     Claus von
          • Wait for Anne's reply to Andrew’s note       Riegen              We will close on this topic at the
          • Allow Daniel and Claus to clarify their                          25 Mar 03 meeting.
          position based on Anne's reply.
                                                                             We agreed the definition of an
                                                                             identifier in the V3 spec. glossary
                                                                             should be changed to remove the
                                                                             cardinality restriction. This would
                                                                             be covered by a separate CR – no
                                                                             owner identified

Motion
The motion to include CR010 in the V3 bucket passed without dissent.


4.2.4    CR-012
CR #       Document Identifier               Title / Action                                         Authors

CR-012     http://www.oasis-                 Handling virtual deletes in subscription               Claus
           open.org/apps/org/workgroup/                                                             von
           uddi-                                                                                    Riegen
           spec/download.php/1139/uddi-
           spec-tc-cr012-
           virtualDeletesInSubscription-
           20030304.doc
           http://www.oasis-
           open.org/apps/org/workgroup/
           uddi-
           spec/download.php/1117/uddi-
           spec-tc-cr012-
           virtualdeletesinsubscription-
           20030211.ppt

Background: At the FTF:
       The behavior of issuing repetitive virtual deletes (or not) should be non-prescriptive; clients
       should be informed of this potential server behavior though. In the case where an “add” and a
       “delete” occur within the subscription window, we need to be prescriptive and state that a
       node MUST not return the entity at all (given that the return structure does not allow for it).


OASIS UDDI Specification TC – Minutes
Page 6 of 14                                                         Created by:         Tom Bellwood, Luc Clément
                                              OASIS UDDI Specification TC
                                               Telecon Meeting Minutes


Discussion:
        Claus has updated the CR based on the above - http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/uddi-
         spec/200303/msg00030.html

Motion:
          Motion to accept CR-012 for inclusion in the v3 errata bucket was accepted without dissent.


4.2.5     CR-022
CR #        Document Identifier               Title / Action                                Authors

CR-022      http://www.oasis-                 service projection move                       Andrew
            open.org/apps/org/workgroup/                                                    Hately
            uddi-
            spec/download.php/1129/uddi-
            spec-tc-cr022-
            serviceProjectionWithServiceM
            ove-20020211.doc



Background:
       Andrew is going to update the problem statement with state diagrams of where things go wrong
       when the "dangling" behavior is used for move service projections during replication. Luc to
       forward the master to the diagram used in the CR to Andrew.

Discussion:
         Obtain status on CR and AR 024

Item       Description                                    Assigned To     Status                            Due Date     Status
No.
AR 024     CR 022: Service Projection with service        Andrew Hately   Not done                           25-Mar-03   Andrew will
           move                                                                                                           update for
                                                                                                                               next
           Andrew to update the CR. Luc to forward                                                                         meeting.
           the master to the diagram used in the CR to
           Andrew. Andrew is going to update the
           problem statement with state diagrams of
           where things go wrong when the “dangling”
           behavior is used for moved service
           projections during replication.

Action
Luc has provided the diagram; Andrew will update for next meeting.


4.2.6     CR-023
CR #        Document Identifier               Title / Action                                Authors

CR-023      http://www.oasis-                 v2 v3 key mapping                             Andrew Hately
            open.org/apps/org/workgroup/
            uddi-
            spec/download.php/1140/uddi-
            spec-tc-cr023-
            v2tov3keyMapping-
            20030304.doc


Background:
      During the last meeting we discussed the comments from K. Jagger. We tabled this topic until
       further comment and discussion received on the list.


OASIS UDDI Specification TC – Minutes
Page 7 of 14                                                        Created by:      Tom Bellwood, Luc Clément
                                           OASIS UDDI Specification TC
                                            Telecon Meeting Minutes

        Andrew posted update: http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/uddi-spec/200303/msg00025.html
        Sam commented: http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/uddi-spec/200303/msg00035.html
        Close on this matter and AR 025

Item      Description                                  Assigned To     Status                               Due Date     Status
No.
AR 025    CR 023: v2/v3 key mapping                    Andrew Hately   We discussed the comments from        25-Mar-03        Done
                                                                       K. Jagger.
          review the policy section and move the new                   We tabled this topic until further
          para proposed for 10.1.1 to a more                           comment and discussion received
          appropriate location                                         on the list
          Andrew to update the CR


Katherine Jagger posted comments, Andrew replied.

Motion
Motion to include CR23 for the V3 errata bucket was accepted without dissent.


4.3      Status of V2 Standardization Process: Report by Chairs
OASIS requested that the acknowledgements should include only OASIS members. Non-members who worked
on V2 are acknowledged separately. Also at issue with OASIS are the wording in our copyright statements,
which should get resolved by the end of week. At that point, we will be in a position to submit the updated
spec for a vote.



4.4      Update on OASIS                    Member Collaboration (a.k.a. KAVI)
OASIS has rolled out the Member Collaboration system over the weekend. Our TC will be handling documents
in the following manner:

    Location of Documents

        The Document sharing facilities at http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/uddi-
         spec/documents.php will hold our drafts, Action Items List, and Change Requests.
        These Document-sharing facilities will also hold the Source Files for content distributed on
         http://uddi.org or static pages holding TC specs (e.g. http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/uddi-
         spec/doc/tcspecs.htm).
        Static documents will be held via a static link in the same location as before and will be accessible
         from the web page. We have to ask the webmaster to upload these docs for us. These will hold
         copies of TC specs, TNs and BPs after they are approved.

    Member Access to Documents

        The Drafts folder is open to all TC Members for access and update. There is a tab and drop-down
         menu. Use it to navigate. We should have one Draft folder for each subcommittee with
         subfolders for CRs, TNs, etc.
        The Template folder and Activity folders are open to all TC Members for access and update.
        Tom will manage the Requirements list. TC members have full access and update rights to the
         rest of the folder.
        Hedy, Tom and Luc will manage the Action Request list. We will eventually replace the current
         homegrown spreadsheet we use with the Collaboration system’s facility for handling action
         items.
        Remaining folders are configured for Read Only access. Please submit any Change Requests to Tom or
         Luc for posting.

    Additional Note




OASIS UDDI Specification TC – Minutes
Page 8 of 14                                                     Created by:       Tom Bellwood, Luc Clément
                                        OASIS UDDI Specification TC
                                         Telecon Meeting Minutes

       The Collaboration system is not HTML friendly; if a document contains images, you need to copy each
        file manually. For this reason, we should use only doc and PDF for drafts, but our final documents will
        still be provided in two forms – html and pdf.


    Current Folder List

       Action Items
       Change Requests
       Drafts
       Drafts / Technical Notes
       Drafts / Technical Notes / UDDI as the registry for ebXML components
       Drafts / Technical Notes / Using WSDL in a UDDI Registry, Version 2.0
       Meeting Notes
       Source Documents
       Source Documents / Best Practices
       Source Documents / Process
       Source Documents / SCC14N
       Source Documents / Technical Notes
       Source Documents / V2 Specs
       Source Documents / V2 Specs / pubs
       Source Documents / V2 Specs / schema
       Source Documents / V2 Specs / taxonomies
       Source Documents / V2 Specs / UDDI.org website
       Source Documents / V2 Specs / wsdl
       Source Documents / V3 Specs
       Source Documents / V3 Specs / pubs
       Source Documents / V3 Specs / schema
       Source Documents / V3 Specs / UDDI.org website
       Source Documents / V3 Specs / wsdl
       Templates
       V4 Activities
       V4 Activities / Proposal Submissions
       V4 Activities / Requirement Submissions
       V4 Activities / Requirements List

    Discussion

    TC members had no questions or comments



4.5 Reports from Sub-committees & Discussion of Outstanding
Technical Notes & Best Practices
        Subcommittee Chairs reported on progress of their work.

4.5.1   “UDDI as the registry for ebXML Components” TN
Background
      Keisuke-san posted a draft TN: http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/uddi-
       spec/200303/msg00010.html. This TN has subsequently reported to the “Drafts / Technical Notes /
       UDDI as the registry for ebXML components” folder of http://www.oasis-
       open.org/apps/org/workgroup/uddi-spec/documents.php
           o Review and discuss the draft TN
           o Review open issues list: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/uddi-
                spec/download.php/1145/uddi-spec-tc-tn-uddi-ebxml-Open-Issues.xls
      Paul Macias volunteered to assist the TC in requesting input from ebXML TCs regarding modeling,
       naming and proposed keyspaces. Discuss input and obtain an update from Paul: http://www.oasis-
       open.org/archives/uddi-spec/200303/msg00071.html


OASIS UDDI Specification TC – Minutes
Page 9 of 14                                                 Created by:        Tom Bellwood, Luc Clément
                                              OASIS UDDI Specification TC
                                               Telecon Meeting Minutes



Item      Description                                      Assigned To          Status             Due Date        Status
No.
AR 019    As Editors, Daniel, Tony, Luc will edit and      Daniel Feygin        In Progress          25-Mar-03            Done
          return to Keisuke-san the document.              Tony Rogers
          Keisuke-san will resubmit the TC for             Luc Clément
          comment. Target date is 26 Feb – in time
          for the 4 March telecom; this is dependent
          on input from Alok and Keisuke-san.


Discussion.

        We desire assistance from the ebXML community w.r.t. naming conventions, URLs, etc.
        Daniel Feygin raised the following issue:

         “I am wondering whether this would be sufficient for the counterpart to determine the service type. BPSS
         describes multiple parties to a process (e.g., a buyer and a seller), but in this context it is impossible to determine
         which party of the ones described in a BPSS instance the service belongs to. It is the role in BPSS collaboration
         that determines the service type, not BPSS instance itself. If we do want to venture into registering ebXML
         services (and not just file-based metadata), then we need to model every bit of service type information from the
         CPP. Would it be sufficient at this time to allow registering just the CPP in UDDI?”

        Paul Macius has arranged for a member of the ebXML committee to bring up the issue of reviewing
         the note at their March 27 call. This colleague will get back to Paul with contact information about
         the reviewer. In addition, Joel Munter has agreed to carry this issue to the ebXML Messaging TC.
         Thanks Joel.

Action Items:

        Paul will obtain feedback and the name of an ebXML reviewer.
         Joel Munter will be contacted for feedback


4.5.2    Version 2 WSDL TN
Background

         John Colgrave posted a draft TN: http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/uddi-
         spec/200303/msg00068.html This TN has subsequently reported to the “Drafts / Technical
         Notes / Using WSDL in a UDDI Registry, Version 2.0” folder of http://www.oasis-
         open.org/apps/org/workgroup/uddi-spec/documents.php The official 30-day review period
         started last week, on the day that John posted it.

Discussion

        Since this important document is the most complex TN that we have dealt with, it would be
         appropriate to set up a special meeting for John to explain it. Perhaps we could arrange for a
         conferencing tool that will support visual materials as well as auditory.

Action Item

        Set up a special meeting explaining the WSDL. This meeting should take place in two weeks, at our
         usual time.
        John will let us know the logistics.


4.5.3    Understanding Key Partitions
Background
      Pat Feldsted posted a draft of the TN at http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/uddi-
       spec/200303/msg00033.html


OASIS UDDI Specification TC – Minutes
Page 10 of 14                                                          Created by:            Tom Bellwood, Luc Clément
                                         OASIS UDDI Specification TC
                                          Telecon Meeting Minutes

        This TN is posted http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/uddi-
         spec/download.php/1141/uddi-spec-tc-tn-understandingkeypartitions-20030216.doc
        Close on AR 016

Item      Description                                 Assigned To         Status                        Due Date
No.
AR 016    Update Key partitions TN.                   Pat Felsted         TN posted 20030303.            25-Mar-03
                                                                          TC to review TN and provide
                                                                          comment.



Discussion
        Anne’s issue: WS-I is proposing a way to represent services to UDDI based on the first best practice
         and came up with their own models for canonicalization. Claus explained that they are doing this
         because v2 isn’t finalized yet. Claus can schedule something to get everybody up to date.
        Registration process: While you want to make sure that all the private uddi’s have this available, the
         UDDI Spec TC needn’t necessarily define all of the tModels. In fact, the operators are entertaining
         some pre-registration of V3 tModels.
        A related point: the operators had intended to use uddi.org to publish their work with keys as well as
         other WS-I work. Uddi.org would serve as a place to distribute and promote the tModels and the
         predefined keys.
        Tony and Andrew are assigned as editors who will report their results at next meeting. They will work
         on the draft using the OASIS Collaboration system, posting the membership when the draft is ready to
         view.

Action Item:
        Claus will schedule an update presentation
        Tony and Andrew will edit.


4.5.4    Versioning Taxonomy & Identifier Systems
Background:
      During the last telecom we discussed with Pat Feldsted the content of the Versioning Taxonomy and
       Identier Systems Technical Note (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/uddi-
       spec/200301/doc00004.doc).
      We discussed the need to incorporate both V2 and V3 modeling. The TN should deprecate what is
       currently posted on UDDI.org. We provided Pat with some feedback and asked him to post an update
       by the 18 March 2003.
      Pat to report on status.

Discussion
        This item is almost complete, needs a final edit.

Action

        Tom and Claus will edit.



5 New Business

5.1      Summary of standard for external taxonomies
Background
      At the last telecom, we tabled the discussion given that Max, Matthew, and Daniel where not in
       attendance.
      We discussed the formation of a subcommittee to deal with Value Set matter. Max, Matthew and
       Daniel will be asked to participate. Demetrios stated that he would like to participate.
      Max has since posted: http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/uddi-spec/200303/msg00000.html



OASIS UDDI Specification TC – Minutes
Page 11 of 14                                                       Created by:      Tom Bellwood, Luc Clément
                                         OASIS UDDI Specification TC
                                          Telecon Meeting Minutes

            o http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/uddi-spec/200303/msg00021.html
            o http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/uddi-spec/200303/msg00022.html
            o http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/uddi-spec/200303/msg00053.html
       Luc Clement: What role (if any) can the Topic Maps Published Subjects TC (http://www.oasis-
        open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=tm-pubsubj) have wrt our TC?

Discussion
        Matthew, Daniel and probably Max will be subcommittee members. Demetrius may also wish to
         participate.
        TC members pointed to activity in W3C and other standards organizations to develop taxonomies,
         including topic maps, semantic web (though they are working in terms of ontologies rather than
         taxonomies), and a TN on uddi.org.
        We should also look at the work of existing taxonomy providers.
        TC members suggested several approaches to supporting multiple taxonomies within UDDI, including
         use of the tModel mechanism to point to APIs and taxonomy schema.
        Work of the OASIS committee on Topic Maps may or may not coincide with our needs.
        Several items on the V4 requirements list relate to this issue. We can begin some of this work now via
         the subcommittee though.




5.2     ASN.1 notation as an alternative to XML Schema proposal
Agenda Items:
       Shishir and TC to discuss his response (http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/uddi-
        spec/200303/msg00002.html) comments of his proposal (http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/uddi-
        spec/200303/msg00036.html)
       Identify next steps

Discussion
Igor expressed concern about taking uddi off the mainstream of XML, etc. and suggested that we look at W3C
activity with regard to discussions on binary XML encoding.

Actions
   Ann volunteered to post a URL that deals with these issues
   Shishir will notify Luc when he is ready to put this item back on the agenda again.




5.3     Namespace Management Thread
Agenda Items:
       Discuss the conclusion of the “Namespace Management Thread”: http://www.oasis-
        open.org/archives/uddi-spec/200303/msg00018.html. What a thread!
            o Synopsis provided by Andrew: http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/uddi-
                 spec/200303/msg00064.html
       Identify next steps

Discussion

   This item was tabled due to lack of interest.



5.4     UDDI Version 4

Agenda Items

Tom to lead the discussion on the V4 requirements list (http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/uddi-
spec/200303/msg00003.html).

OASIS UDDI Specification TC – Minutes
Page 12 of 14                                                 Created by:       Tom Bellwood, Luc Clément
                                            OASIS UDDI Specification TC
                                             Telecon Meeting Minutes

          “V4 Requirement Topics” document posted to the “V4 Activities / Requirements List” folder of
           http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/uddi-spec/download.php (http://www.oasis-
           open.org/apps/org/workgroup/uddi-spec/download.php/1161/V4%20Requirements%20Topics.doc)
          V4 Requirements template: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/uddi-
           spec/download.php/1159/uddi-spec-tc-requirements-template.doc
          V4 Proposal template: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/uddi-
           spec/download.php/1157/uddi-spec-tc-proposal-template.doc

Note on Process
        From the FTF, we created the following strawman process:
            1. Requirements Identification & Collection Period
            2. Prioritization of Requirements
                Considerations:
                         Impact on delivery vehicle (additions to UDDI or a new spec)
                         modularity
            3. Identify schedule: are we date driven, market driven (what is the balance between the two)
            4. Selection of Line Item/Feature content
            5. Subgroup creation – development of line items
            6. Draft Line Item Documents
            7. Integration of line items into base spec
            8. Draft V4 Spec
            9. Review Schedule

Discussion

      Discussion was tabled until next meeting due to lack of time. It will be moved higher in the agenda next
       time.
      Tom will post a spreadsheet that will granularize the list and give some initial assignments. Since we need
       a head-start for some of these items, he will draft individual TC members for specific tasks.
      Please e-mail Tom with your interests, so that he can assign that work to you.




5.5        New Change Requests
5.5.1      CR-028
CR #         Document Identifier            Title / Action                                       Authors

CR-027       http://www.oasis-              Correct wording in section 11.4.2.1; ‘after          Eric Lee
             open.org/apps/org/workgroup/   canonicalization’ should be ‘after normalization’
             uddi-
             spec/download.php/1135/uddi-
             spec-tc-cr028-
             changeofwording-
             20030319.doc.doc



Discussion:
        Tabled until next meeting

5.5.2      CR-029
CR #         Document Identifier            Title / Action                                       Authors




OASIS UDDI Specification TC – Minutes
Page 13 of 14                                                       Created by:           Tom Bellwood, Luc Clément
                                          OASIS UDDI Specification TC
                                           Telecon Meeting Minutes

CR-027     http://www.oasis-              Allow last modified date to change as the result of   Eric Lee
           open.org/apps/org/workgroup/   a custody transfer operation
           uddi-
           spec/download.php/1136/uddi-
           spec-tc-cr029-
           relaxcustodytransfer-
           20030319.doc.doc




Agenda Items

We will close on the next meeting.
Canonocalization should become normalization – we can close at next meeting.
Last modified date change – I didn’t understand this suggestion, we will discuss at the next telecon.

Discussion:
        Tabled until next meeting




6 Discussion of Additions to Agenda
         none


7 Upcoming Meetings

7.1      Discuss Telecon Schedule
Unitspace proposes to hold next FTF in Moscow, Russia 24, 25, 26 June. Discuss:

    A.   Are there any conflicts? WS-I in Helsinki?
    B.   Daniel to brief the TC on visa requirement
    C.   Chairs will hold a ballot asking who can attend, who might attend, who would not attend

Action

        Daniel will post information about travel and visa requirements.



7.2      Host for Upcoming Telecon
Agenda Item

Need a volunteer for hosting the 4/15 Telecon.

Discussion

Next meeting will take place on April 15. Pat will host.
IBM will host the WSDL TN review on April 8. John Colgrave to arrange.




OASIS UDDI Specification TC – Minutes
Page 14 of 14                                                     Created by:          Tom Bellwood, Luc Clément

				
DOCUMENT INFO
Shared By:
Categories:
Stats:
views:3
posted:2/3/2010
language:English
pages:14