HANDYMAN LICENSING ELECTRICAL
The following information is provided as a general 1. Install ceiling fans in existing junction boxes
guideline of work that may be performed by a (cannot run wires, replace wires, install
handyman without a Nevada contractor’s license electrical switches, or install junction boxes).
but with a Mesquite business license. 2. Remove and replace existing electrical light
---------------------------------------------------- 3. Remove and replace existing fuses in an
existing fuse box.
LAWN MAINTENANCE 4. Replace existing light bulbs including
fluorescent bulbs (but not ballast).
1. Removal of trees.
2. Trim trees & shrubs. MISCELLANEOUS
3. Cut & trim existing grass.
4. Fertilize existing lawns, trees & shrubs (but not 1. Remove and replace existing door locks.
install automated fertilizer systems). 2. Install window coverings (blinds, shades,
5. Re-seed existing grass. drapes) not including awnings.
6. Repair or replace existing screw-on type 3. Cleaning of tile grout.
sprinkler heads & risers. 4. Steam cleaning of concrete to remove staining.
7. Replace existing solenoids in the sprinkler 5. Pressure washing (using water only).
system control stations. 6. Window washing.
8. Repair or replace existing internal sprinkler 7. House cleaning (including carpets, drapes and
valve parts. blinds).
9. Repair or replace existing sprinkler timer
clocks. NO PAINTING. NO DRYWALL PATCH,
REPLACEMENT, OR TEXTURING. NO STUCCO
HEATING, VENTING AND AIR CONDITIONING REPAIR WITH NEW STUCCO. NO CAULKING OR
WEATHERSTRIPPING. NO CARPENTRY. NO
1. Remove & replace existing air filters. CONCRETE INSTALLATION.
2. Clean & replace existing air filters. (NOT INCLUSIVE)
3. Clean existing air conditioning ducts.
4. Chimney cleaning. Penalty for misuse of a Handyman Service license may
5. Fireplace cleaning. result in a citation, fine & the loss of your City license.
6. Repair & replace filters on swamp coolers. State violations are enforced by the Nevada State
Contractors Board, which is empowered to cite, fine
PLUMBING and restrict licensing for any license violation.
1. Repair or replace existing water faucets. Please check with the Nevada State Contractors Board
2. Repair or replace existing internal shower at 702 486-1100 to determine what (if any) State
valve stems and seals but not the valves licenses you may need.
3. Repair or replace existing water closets. I, the undersigned, acknowledge receipt of this
4. Repair fiberglass tubs & sinks. document and attest that I fully understand the
5. Replace bathroom/kitchen sinks that are not contents herein.
an integral part of the countertop.
6. Repair or replace garbage disposals.
1. Acid wash existing pool and spa plaster.
2. Clean or replace pool cleaning filters. (Print Name)
3. Add chemicals to balance the swimming pool
4. Replace the light bulb in an existing swimming
pool light. (Signature)
5. Clean an existing pool (remove dirt, leaves,