The Rise of Argentina Biodiesel Industry
Biodiesel production in Argentina has risen exponentially over the past few years. This rapid increase in production is credited to the introduction of the Biofuels Law in April, 2006. The biofuels law mandates 5% biodiesel blending from January 2010 and 5% bioethanol blending starting July 2010. This would help Argentina to reduce its dependence on imported diesel. The legislation has led to high biodiesel capacity additions which are scheduled to come online by the end of 2009. These capacity additions would increase the total production capacity in Argentina to 2,950 million liters.
- The study discusses the Argentine Biodiesel market and the factors that could impact its rise.
- It provides historical and forecast production of the Argentine Biodiesel market from 2005-2015.
- It also provides information on the share of Argentine market to the total South and Central America Biodiesel market, during 2005-2015.
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies with the help of specific insights from GlobalData on the key events happening in the alternative energy industry.
- Gain a strong understanding of the energy market and analyze the major trends in the global alternative energy industry today
- Identify opportunities and challenges with the help of our analysis of the latest news and deals in the alternative energy industry
- Increase future revenue and profitability with the help of information on latest operational, financial, and regulatory events
The Rise of Argentina Biodiesel Industry Reference Code: GDAE0074VPT Publication Date: DEC 2009 Alternative Energy Viewpoint GDAE0074VPT / Published DEC 2009 © GlobalData. This report is a licensed product and is not to be photocopied Page(1) www.alternativeenergyetrack.com Table of Contents 1 Table of Contents 1 Table of Contents 2 1.1 List of Tables 3 1.2 List of Figures 4 2 GlobalData Viewpoint 5 2.1 Summary 5 3 The Rise of Argentina Biodiesel Industry 6 3.1 Introduction 6 3.2 Blending mandates will increase the biodiesel production 6 3.3 Huge capacity additions will further add to the production level 8 3.4 High growth witnessed in the industry despite lack of financial and tax incentives 8 3.5 Secure feedstock supply will aid the biodiesel production 10 3.6 Restrictive government regulations may pose a barrier for future growth 11 4 Appendix
Pages to are hidden for
"The Rise of Argentina Biodiesel Industry"Please download to view full document