Paladin Energy Aims to Become a Leading Uranium Producer
Paladin Energy, a mineral resources company focused on uranium production, is positioning itself to become a leading uranium producer in the world. The company is a recent entrant in the global uranium mining arena, with the commencement of its commercial operations in the year 2007. The company’s strategy is to expand its existing operating mines and acquire new resources by mergers and acquisitions. Paladin Energy currently operates Langer Heinrich mine in Namibia and Kayelakeera mine in Malawi and is also undertaking drilling and exploration of uranium in Australia. Paladin Energy recently increased its targeted total annual uranium production from its operating mines to 5,313 tU by 2014 and achieving production of 3,850tU by 2012 from its previous targeted total of 3,272 tU. The company completed private offerings worth $ 369.6 million in September 2009 to fund the expansion operations of its Langer Heinrich mine in Namibia. It also acquired Fusion Resources during early 2009 to obtain additional uranium assets in the Queensland province in Australia.
- Information provided in this study includes the expansion plans of Paladin Energy (Paladin), in terms of uranium mines and resources, and the company’s increased production targets.
- The study provides information on Paladin’s uranium assets across Middle East and Africa and Asia-Pacific.
- It also covers Paladin’s recently started operations, its resource acquisition, and its private placement data as on June 2009, amongst other recent developments.
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies with the help of specific insights from GlobalData on the key events happening in the nuclear energy industry.
- Gain a strong understanding of the nuclear energy market and analyze the major trends in the global nuclear energy industry today
- Identify opportunities and challenges with the help of our analysis of the latest new
Paladin Energy Aims to Become a Leading Uranium Producer Reference Code: GDNE0042VPT Publication Date: DEC 2009 Nuclear Energy Viewpoint GDNE0042VPT / Published DEC 2009 © GlobalData. This brief is a licensed product and is not to be photocopied Page 1 Nuclear eTrack gives you the key information to drive sales, investment and deal making activity in your business. For more information visit www.nuclearetrack.com Table of Contents 1 Table of Contents 1 Table of Contents 2 1.1 List of Tables 4 1.2 List of Figures 5 2 GlobalData Viewpoint 6 2.1 Summary 6 3 Paladin Energy Aims to Become a Leading Uranium Producer 7 3.1 Paladin Energy Plans to Expand its Operating Uranium Mines and Adds Resources 7 3.1.1 Increases Production Targets for Langer Heinrich mine, Namibia 8 3.1.2 Starts Operations in Kayelakeera Mine, Malawi 9 3.2 Additional Resource Acquisition from Fusion Resources 10 3.3 Paladin Energy Completes Private Placement of $369.6 Million for Expanding its Langer Heinrich Project
Pages to are hidden for
"Paladin Energy Aims to Become a Leading Uranium Producer"Please download to view full document