India Rolls Out National Solar Mission for Aggressive Solar Market Expansion
The National Solar Mission (NSM) will drive the solar market development in India. The Mission aims to establish India as a global leader in the field of solar energy by creating favorable policy frameworks for the uptake of solar power across all parts of the country. NSM has an ambitious target of reaching 20 GW of installed solar power by 2022. The Mission will be implemented in three phases spread across 13 years and three five year plans. The Mission will focus on research & development (R&D) and address specific challenges in promoting solar energy in India. National Solar Mission will accelerate the growth of all stakeholders involved in the PV value chain.
- The study focuses on the national mission for the expansion of the Indian solar market, one of the significant emerging solar PV (Photovoltaic) markets in the world.
- Insights into the national solar mission including the objective, phase-wise targets, mission strategy and the policy and regulatory framework.
- It also provides information on the effect of the national mission on the Indian solar PV market, detailing the present and forecast installed capacity of the country’s solar PV market.
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies with the help of specific insights from GlobalData on the key events happening in the alternative energy industry.
- Gain a strong understanding of the energy market and analyze the major trends in the global alternative energy industry today
- Identify opportunities and challenges with the help of our analysis of the latest news and deals in the alternative energy industry
- Increase future revenue and profitability with the help of information on latest operational, financial, and regulatory events