Docstoc

LLU INDUSTRY REQUIREMENTS TEAMS SERVICE MANAGEMENT FORUM 6th October 2008 Notes and Actions Attendees

Document Sample
LLU INDUSTRY REQUIREMENTS TEAMS SERVICE MANAGEMENT FORUM 6th October 2008 Notes and Actions Attendees Powered By Docstoc
					SERVICE MANAGEMENT FORUM 6th October 2008 Notes and Actions
Attendees: John Small (JS) - Openreach Ann Pinsent (AP) - Openreach Mike Fitzpatrick (MF) – One IT for Openreach Phil Johnson (PJ) – Sky Danny Morgan (DM) – AOL Mark Collins (MC) – Openreach Martin Romer (MR) – Tiscali Steve Farleigh (SF) – B Sky B Shirley Lancashire (SL) – Tiscali Gill Thompson (GT) – BTW Gavin O’Sullivan (GOS) – Orange Andy Snellgrove (AS) – Openreach Jim Reilly (JR) – OTA Bev Bytheway-Jackson (BBJ) – BTW Michael Eagle (ME) – FCS Mark Dinner (MD) – Talk Talk (CPW) Jerome de Chassey (JdC) – Openreach Ian Haddon (IH) – BskyB Marie Vernon (MV) - CPWN Apologies Tony Ginty. 1 Introductions and Welcome John welcomed everyone to the Service Management Forum and introductions made. The agenda was agreed. 2 Review of Actions All actions are listed and updated at the end of this document. Ann to distribute slides presented at this meeting to all attendees. 3 MBORC and Documentation Tony Smith covered the definition of MBORC (Matters Beyond our Reasonable Control) and further updates are expected at the WLR Commercial forum on 24th October. It is essential that Openreach manage a very robust governance regarding MBORC declaration Tony explained fda305b2-ee06-47cc-b245-f4e6d4c3d2f6.doc 1 Steve Terry (ST) – Easynet Laura Belt (LB) - Openreach Grenville Dowse (GD) – Updata Pauline Ballard (PB) – C&W Dave Moulson (DM) – BT Retail Peter Boyle (PBO) – Openreach Kojo Owusu-Sekyere (KO) – Telecom Plus Trevor Benjamin (TBO) - Openreach Simon Hunt (SH) – Openreach Miles Burke (MB) – LUNS Nick Turley (NT) – Openreach Paul Burns (PB) – O2 Dave Shales (DS) – O2 Danny Thompson (DT) – Sky Andrew Helm (AH) – Openreach Angela Royle (AR) – CPWN Graham Davies (GD) – CPWN Imran Patel (IP) – Openreach Sally Godman (SG) - Openreach

the 24/7 procedure/authorisation procedure. When major incidents occur which attract MBORC status, global messaging will be triggered warning of the incident to postcode level. KCID messages are also being developed to reflect MBORC status and should be delivered January/February 2009. Three messages will be distributed encompassing new MBORC incident, update and closure. We are exploring utilisation of this channel to encompass all major incidents and updates will be given in due course. It was also advised that MBORC information can be found on the fault tracker and utilisation of the tracker is highly recommended. Further information was requested regarding the number of MBORCs declared and also the number of incidents which are not declared MBORC. AP1 (10/08) – TS to provide statistics regarding the number of MBORCs declared and also the number of incidents which are not declared MBORC. Tony went on to cover progress regarding documentation upgrades and stated that many improvements have already been introduced within the LLU area. It is key to produce the documentation and tailor to the appropriate audience rather than “one size fits all” approach. For example, technical, non-product audiences etc. The templates have been reviewed and Tony is to share the style guides. AP2 (10/08) – TS to share style guides under review. Tony confirmed that several customers were consulted in the original review but disappointment was expressed by CPs as they wished to have more engagement and the documentation needs to be more generic rather than “release focused”. RSS (Rich Site Summary) is to be introduced - RSS (Rich Site Summary) is a format for delivering regularly changing web content. Many news-related sites, weblogs and other online publishers syndicate their content as an RSS Feed to whoever wants it. AP3 (10/08) – TS and AP to introduce workshop to collaborate regarding future plans for documentation improvements. 4 WLR Service Update Laura gave the latest update and followed up on failed provision instances following an action last month. The volumes were extremely low, but Laura reiterated the need for accurate front end questioning and the importance of capturing correct address details. An action was taken last night to confirm processes out of hours and Laura ran through the process as it exists. All jobs have to be assessed on their own merit with careful consideration given to health and safety issues. Also covered were Openreach procedures regarding management of contractors etc. We have specialist SMC teams who provide updates via SPG/email. There is also a wealth of information provided via the order tracker and tracker utilisation is highly recommended. Two initiatives are running currently to improve contractor performance – VLAD (verify Lineplant availability date) where both Openreach and contractors sign up to an agreed date. This initiative has been running for 6 weeks and improvements are evident. We are also trialling a process around New Sites and Laura requested that CPs send any examples of issues to her to feed into the programmes.

fda305b2-ee06-47cc-b245-f4e6d4c3d2f6.doc

2

It must be noted that that if address details are input incorrectly to SPG or if notes are added to incorrect fields, that orders will fall into a manual queue and this can cause a delay to delivery. Service managers are receiving pertinent information which will be shared bilaterally. 5 LLU/Non Served Premises Update Ann requested that feedback is still very welcome regarding LLU Provision SMC and improvements in quality/training continue to be monitored. There are to be changes to IVR within the call centres and it was agreed that customers should have the opportunity to input. Ann requested leads within each CP for the surveys. AP4 (10/08) CPs to provide leads for proposed call centre IVR survey. An action was taken last month to present on Non Served Premises. Ann defined the product as follows - The NSP product enables delivery of service to a location which is not a normal business or dwelling. Also given were the definitions of served/non served premises. The survey charge for NSPs is £350 and excess construction charges always apply. Negotiations are in place with our contractors to improve quality followed by quality audits and increase/improve quality of updates given. GT suggested driving the SMCs to diary and chase updates from contractors and IP agreed to take this away. AP5 (10/08) IP to make process suggestions to SMC for NSPs. Another suggestion was made to enhance the lack of lead times for the product and that was to emulate the Ethernet methodology. A further update on progress and process enhancements will be given at the November forum. 6 MLC/MAC data update Andy Snellgrove gave the latest position on data fixes and outlined the bridge cases/CRs in place to address the following: • Missing data or latency, e.g. line length, celerity line loss, capacitance • Data integrity, e.g. incorrect line length • Post Code qualifying exchange rules • Incorrect CP Name returned via MLC • Current CRs, e.g. 533 providing greater clarity & understanding for CPs • Improvements to documentation & guidance on how to use MLC • Longer term strategic review • Low level problem with MAC generation causing some codes to be rejected The following cases have been completed - 130 mismatched records, missing Duns ID, update to 7000 mismatched post codes, missing grid references from the Post Office, change to MLC logic, CR 533 error message enrichment due in R1000 It is essential that ASGs adopt a more holistic approach to handling data issues and Amir Quereshi has been tasked to project manage this programme and will bring all outstanding cases together. It was noted that many of the fixes in place will ensure that MLC returns information as it was built to do. Discussion followed regarding the Code of Practise and the requirement for accurate speeds etc. as our businesses move forward. Work has commenced to look at “MLC 2” and the proposals will be presented at the November Service Management forum fda305b2-ee06-47cc-b245-f4e6d4c3d2f6.doc 3

and PCG. PB at O2 would be happy to review any proposal in the first instance. A key factor was considered to be the actual line length to the premises. Some CPs still experiencing issues with invalid MAC code generation and will forward current examples to AP.

7 Test/Diagnostics and Industry John welcomed Graham Davies from Carphone Networks who wished to stimulate debate at the forum and suggest that Industry work collaboratively as common goals are shared in a fast moving market place. Graham reiterated that test and diagnostics are fundamental with the key areas needing to focus on despatch process, correct treatment of faults and ensuring all pertinent information is provided at the front end of the process. It would be advantageous to have a vehicle to secure Industry sign off for any consolidated solutions. CPWN worked with Openreach bilaterally to review options and processes, making changes where necessary which led to a major reduction in fault volumes resulting in lower cost and increased end user customer satisfaction. Graham reiterated that as products and demands become more complex, test and diagnostics will grow accordingly and again stated that “getting it right first time” should be a common objective. Graham then asked the audience for their views and to further discussion. The general consensus was that this was a sound idea and that support would be given from Industry to progress. Graham will devise terms of reference and bring the necessary parties together to take this forward. GD suggested that it may be preferable to convene without Openreach in attendance. Openreach confirmed that they be are happy to provide the necessary expertise/personnel as required. Updates will be given at future Service Management meetings.

7 Systems Update Mark Collins gave the latest systems update. There has been an improvement in service incidents in September but it is recognised that further improvements need to be made. EMP has been more stable in September, however LLU MAC/MLC data issues have been experienced since R900. There have been some issues regarding WLR capacity restraints which have caused disruptions, further work is planned to address. Priority 1 performance has been impacted by WLR3 assurance outages and P2s are on target. Preparations are in place for Release 1000 and Mark shared many of the initiatives within the service improvement plan with much focus on applications and deployment. The improvement glidepath is being updated and Mark agreed to share the latest version at the November forum. AP6 (10/08) MC to share revised service improvement glidepath at the November forum. Hub stability is not a prerequisite for R1000, however CPs expressed concerns regarding the planned release and their collaboration accordingly. It was noted that one CP has objected to the release.

fda305b2-ee06-47cc-b245-f4e6d4c3d2f6.doc

4

Concerns were raised at the September forum regarding CP/Openreach collaboration and an action was raised. It was agreed that the collaboration and deployment forums were now capturing all requirements. 8 Frames Capacity and Eclipse Update Paul Hendron presented the latest report and confirmed that Eclipse utilisation was running at approximately 55% nationally. Great improvements have been seen with MPF DOA reduction and further SMPF improvements are anticipated with great support/engagement from the regions and systems colleagues. We need greater testing compliance also for SMPF circuits, but Paul anticipates a DOA figure of 1 to 1.5% within the next three to six months. Paul went on to give the update on blocked frames and stated his team are working very closely with BT Operate with a joint initiative to address frames compression. The key pilot site is Brixton where we have identified a benefit of ~300 blocks following surveys. Many more benefits are currently being explored and further updates will be given. 9 ORBIT Update Unfortunately ORBIT reporting has been delayed from the original date of 28th September and apologies made. We are looking to address some issues around security and hoping to launch in approximately four to five weeks time. CPs can still submit their applications and a video demonstration will be available by the end of October. 10 Web Cast Details Anne Heal was holding a web cast also on Monday 6th October with Colin Windsor, Tim Barclay and Fergus Crockett. The replay details are as follows: http://www.visualwebcaster.com/event.asp?id=51172 The password is openreach

AOB Concerns were raised regarding increase in Tie Pairs in Use following R900, there is a current case running concerning tie pair amend orders. Ann forwarded further information regarding this incident which was raised to P1 status. Grenville requested an agenda item at the next forum to cover SMC management of SDSL. AP7 (10/08) GD requested an agenda item at the next forum to cover SMC management of SDSL. Daren Baythorpe and Andrew Helm to be invited. Next meeting – Room 1.02, Riverside House, Tuesday 4th November, 10.00 – 14.00. Reference AP8 (05/03) Action AS to request Tony Smith to update on general process review at the April forum. Update: Tony will now present at June’s forum Status Recommended discharged to new actions 5

fda305b2-ee06-47cc-b245-f4e6d4c3d2f6.doc

Tony unable to attend. New date to be rearranged. Update – Tony presenting 6th October

AP3 (10/06)

AP1 (08/08)

AP10 (08/08)

AP1 (09/08)

AP2 (09/08)

JP/DG to update RFT performance on a quarterly basis. Update – Duncan Gray attending September forum Update – next update January 09 forum Where the on-site contact is not available it was suggested the engineers contact the CP SMC direct. Bob Downes to set up audio call with CP’s to seek feedback on briefing to engineers. Update – Ann to organise call following peak leave period. Update to be given at October forum, call has taken place Update – “straw man” shared with forum audience. Further updates to follow. Dave Brown to look at one briefing showing all system improvements to send to CPs. Update – this is work in progress and updates will be given. Update – collation taking place, MC to update at next forum. DB to share anticipated fix resolutions/timelines for outstanding P3s. Update – MC will give update Update given within slide pack distributed. AP and MC to discuss which forum would be optimum vehicle to accommodate these needs and agree ToRs with Industry. Colin Windsor to be invited to next forum. Update – web cast regarding EMP and communications 6th October 9.30-10.30. Agenda item to debate at October forum Update – It was agreed that the collaboration and deployment forum capture these requirements. LB to source volumes of provision at wrong address scenarios and report back to the

Ongoing

Ongoing

Recommended Discharged

Recommended Discharged

Recommended Discharged

AP3 (09/08)

Recommended Discharged 6

fda305b2-ee06-47cc-b245-f4e6d4c3d2f6.doc

October forum. Update – volumes very low. The accuracy of address input is essential. AP4 (09/08) LB to investigate the out of hours processes and how Openreach manage contractors’ communication and report back. Update – presentation given at October forum. Non Served Premises orders/journey needs to investigated for improvement initiatives and AP to feed back to the forum Update – presentation shared at October forum. Futher updates on progress to be given. TS to provide statistics regarding the number of MBORCs declared and also the number of incidents which are not declared MBORC. TS to share style guides under review. TS and AP to introduce workshop to collaborate regarding future plans for documentation improvements. CPs to provide leads for proposed call centre IVR survey IP to make process suggestions to SMC for NSPs. MC to share revised service improvement glidepath at the November forum. GD requested an agenda item at the next forum to cover SMC management of SDSL. Daren Baythorpe and Andrew Helm to be invited. Recommended Discharged

AP6 (09/08)

Ongoing

AP1 (10/08)

New

AP2 (10/08) AP3 (10/08)

New New

AP4 (10/08) AP5 (10/08) AP6 (10/08) AP7 (10/08)

New

New New

fda305b2-ee06-47cc-b245-f4e6d4c3d2f6.doc

7


				
DOCUMENT INFO