British Police Symphony Orchestra
Minutes of meeting held on 7th October 2006
Present: Claire Burnell, Andy Clough, Saranne Jones, Tara Thorn
1. Unable to refer to minutes from last meeting as not yet posted on
website. Please could John/Lynne Morgan liase with Danny Mizon. LM/DM
NB. No minutes on website since AGM in April
2. Due to current difficulties with accommodation, possibility of 1 day
rehearsal discussed for January 2007. It was felt that we should not
cancel the weekend completely. Steph Owen is prepared to arrange for SO
rehearsal at Sir Graham Balfour School in Stafford. Some members
would prefer a full weekend rehearsal so SO will enquire re possibility
of hotel accommodation locally which combined with local members
hosting others members would make this viable.
3. General confusion over dates for next year. Is the list published on
the website correct? Has the February concert in London been
cancelled? Have the concert in May and the May weekend been JM/DM
moved? Has a date for Beacon Park been confirmed? Could all dates be
checked and republished as necessary.
4. NPMD will be on 30th September 2007 which coincides with our
September weekend. Could we take a larger orchestra and perhaps JM
combine the weekend with the service. Would accommodation in
Edinburgh be possible?
5. Concern expressed by some members re over-commitment during Committee to
September and October during the last two years mainly due to Beacon discuss
Park and NPMD.
6. Stuart Thorn has agreed to take on the role of concert manager as it
was felt that orchestral discipline has slipped.
7. Due to the resignation of Helen Creedy as Rehearsal Manager, the Committee to
need to find a replacement was discussed. A possible candidate may discuss
have been identified.
8. Danielle Toms is currently on trial as Leader of the 2nd Violins.
Jenny Jones to be consulted re eventual outcome and any decision
ratified by the committee.
9. Due to Natanya Ford taking up a new job abroad and subsequently
leaving the BPSO, a place on the committee has become available.
Orchestra informed of this at rehearsal and nominations invited.
10. The need to establish new rehearsal venues discussed. Possible
venues being explored: Leatherhead by John Morgan, Swindon by JM/MW/SJ
Malcolm Webb and army contact by SJ
Next meeting to be arranged JM
Minutes taken by Saranne Jones