How to File a General Liability Claim
Guidelines for reporting both general liability and professional liability claims are
1. You must provide notice as soon as practicable of an occurrence or
offense which may result in a claim.
2. A lawsuit should be immediately sent to ECA along with any attachments.
Always note when the lawsuit was served, the manner of service and who
3. Any notice or demand from an attorney should be advanced to ECA
4. Report Date: Enter the date the member is reporting the claim to ECA.
5. Date member notified of occurrence: Enter the date the member was first
notified or had knowledge of the occurrence.
6. Who was notified: Enter the name of member employee who received first
notice of occurrence.