Nylon Sculpture: Study of the sculptures of Barbara Hepworth
Complete an artist of the week study guide for Hepworth using the links listed below.
When you have completed your study sheet, construct a sculpture of your own by
1. Twist a wire hanger into an interesting shape.
2. Attach the wire to a block of wood by inserting each end into holes you have
made with a nail and hammer.
3. If the wire comes loose you may want to secure with some hot glue.
4. Stretch nylon over the hanger, making sure to line up the seam with the edge of
5. Stretch the nylon over the block of wood pulling tight for a smoother surface.
6. You may want to add additional areas of interest by sewing with a needle and