CFO for Hire, LLC
Job Title: Accountant I
Reports To: Senior Accountant
FLSA Status: Exempt
Provides financial information to management and clients by researching and analyzing data, preparing reports and
completing records through the trial balance for multiple properties or clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Compiles financial information and assists in the preparation of reports.
• Researches and responds to client questions and concerns.
• Records, classifies and summarizes financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted
• Posts, verifies and reconciles accounts payable, accounts receivable, expenses, payroll and other general
• Pays invoices by verifying transaction information; scheduling and preparing disbursements; obtaining
authorization for payment.
• Summarizes details in subsidiary ledgers and transfers data to general ledger.
• Compiles reports to show statistics such as cash receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and
receivable, profit and loss, and other items pertinent to the operation of business.
• Prepares invoices by calculating or computing billing amounts.
• Call and/or mail correspondence to customers as necessary in order to update accounts.
• May assist in analysis and interpretation of accounting records for use by management.
• Reconciles bank statements.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops and provided training.
• Maintains records by filing and storing documents.
• Follows internal controls and recommended policies and procedures.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to read and comprehend simple
instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively
present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the
Knowledge of financial and/or accounting software applications.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel
Ability to travel between clients on a daily basis.
Ability to apply understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
Strong attention to detail.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration from college or technical school; plus one to
two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.