(2008 Edition – NPBC)
North Point Baptist Church
“To know Him and to make Him known.” Phil. 3:10
Assistant/Youth Pastor Job Description –
Qualifications & Personal Intentions:
A. To have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ, and to have
taken the step of believers’ baptism.
B. To fulfill the mission statement and purpose of NPBC.
C. Be a “team player” with church leadership.
D. To be supportive of all church functions and ministries.
E. Maintain a godly character that no reproach may come through him upon the
Body of Christ.
F. Meet qualifications set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
G. To expose himself to opportunities for youth ministry training.
H. To be supportive of church leadership.
Responsibilities & Duties:
I. Personal Life:
A. Growing Relationship with God
1. Personal Worship time every day
2. Continuing education via challenging books, conferences, classes
3. Develop accountability with those who will “sharpen your walk.”
4. Role Model for youth, loyalty to church and outreach in community.
B. Family Nurturing (if married)
1. Maintain healthy relationship with spouse and children that is pleasing to God
and sets a good example for others.
2. Schedule calendar in advance to meet balanced needs of family and church
II. Youth Ministry:
A. Winning the Lost to Christ
- Evangelistic outreach to the lost youth and their families in our community
- Connect with unsaved youth outside of normal church functions.
- Attend variety of Youth Functions held in our community
- Plan and provide outreach events (opportunities for unsaved friends to come)
- Make and maintain positive relationships with leaders in the community (e.g.
- Involve saved youth at NPBC in reaching out to other youth in community.
B. Building the Believer in Christ
- Visiting and having personal contact with youth
(2008 Edition – NPBC)
- Nurture youth in their relationship with Christ with both deliberate one on one
discipleship as well as group discipleship within meetings and activities.
- Provide regular meetings/activities for Middle School and High School aged
youth (Sunday school, Wednesday night activities for fun, fellowship, Christian
service and outreach)
- Help in strategy and development of all children’s ministries (including but not
limited to children’s church, AWANA and VBS)
C. Equipping the Worker to Serve Christ
- Involve in local evangelistic outreach in NPBC.
- Expose to opportunities to serve – fostering servant spirit by involvement in
ministry and needs in church.
- Train youth to serve in other events and ministries at NPBC
- Plan trips to Bible Colleges
D. Sending the Servant to Make Christ-like Disciples.
- Create and provide youth with opportunities to serve (Christian service and
- Regular local Christian service opportunities (Ex. - soup kitchen and rescue
- Encourage youth in the area of Christian vocational ministries
- Help plan and participate in a yearly mission trip
- Plan opportunity to attend Bible Camp
III. Establish & Coordinate Volunteer Youth Leaders
A. Secure, train and nurture volunteers who desire to be a part of the youth
B. Delegate the work of the youth ministry to the youth leadership team through
planning and organizational meetings according to their gifts, talents and
IV. Preach and Teach in the Absence of the Senior Pastor
- Serve as assistant to Pastor at discretion of Senior Pastor
I. Senior Pastor
- One on one meetings and mentoring will take place at least once a week for
evaluation/direction/support/ and challenging.
- Will report directly to Senior Pastor
II. Deacon Evaluation
- Will meet with Deacons on a regular basis, as he is accountable to the above job
- Be prepared if necessary to give updates in business meetings regarding the
entire youth ministry.