GENERAL ASSISTANT – Learning Disability Services
JOB TITLE General Assistant – Emerging Social Firm
HOURS 36 per week: Evening and weekend work required
RATE OF PAY £15,247; Salary scale 13
START DATE With immediate effect until October 2010
REPORTS TO Social Firm Manager
This post represents an exciting opportunity to become a key player within an
emerging social firm. The aim of the social firm is to enable people with a learning
disability to access real and meaningful employment opportunities within a supported
environment. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a good skill base and
a commitment towards enabling people with a learning disability to achieve their true
potential within the work environment
• To act as mentor to those employees of the Social Firm who may need additional
direction and guidance.
• To provide support to employees who may need additional guidance and on the
• To assess and record the work of the individuals supported .
• To check on a daily basis the bookings of training and other rooms available for
hire and ensure that room layouts meet the needs of the customer. To ensure
that all furniture and equipment are in good, clean working order.
• To ensure that the premises offer a safe working environment both for staff and
clients, ensuring that toilets and kitchen areas are kept clean and non-hazardous.
To report any defects and concerns to the Manager.
• To assist with the ordering of food, drinks, etc. ensuring that these are served at
agreed times with the training facilitators.
• To ensure that foodstuffs are appropriately delivered, correctly handled and
• Identify training and capacity needs for the individuals supported and work with
the service manager to identify development opportunities.
• To assist with the development and maintaince of the Sensory Garden
• Attend and facilitate meetings as required.
• Ensure the security of the premises as required
• Comply with all aspects of St Helens CDP’s and Local Authorities policy on equal
opportunities in carrying out this post.
• Undertake appropriate training as necessary to develop skills and knowledge to
deliver an effective service to the community.
• To undertake any other duties as deemed necessary for the smooth running of