Test Engineer II
Verifies that product operates as designed. Provides technical expertise in testing and
product knowledge. Provides accurate estimates and reports of test progress. Writes Test
Procedures, and under direction, Test Plans.
• Tests software releases during the product development.
• Reports test results and enters problems and issues into the bug database. Monitors
and updates bug reports as needed including bug report closure.
• Configures necessary hardware and operating environments as needed to complete
• Provides technical expertise on specific products, operating systems and specialized
• Writes or assists in the development of test plans and test procedures.
• Completes assigned test-related tasks.
• Manages the defect database under the guidance of senior QA engineers.
• Assists in the automation of relevant test procedures.
• Assists in review of test processes as they are developed.
• Demonstrates the ability to analyze a problem and complete detailed reports.
• Able to methodically produce the steps which exhibit bugs in the product and be able
to reproduce and communicate these steps.
• Shows initiative in gaining in-depth experience in areas of technology relevant to
testing of company products.
• Shows initiative in gaining theoretical knowledge in software testing.
• Works well in a team environment and alone.
• Has ability to adapt to the changing needs of a project.
• Has ability to meet deadlines.
• Has strong communication skills, both in writing and orally.
• English: can read and write well enough to be able to communicate with peer QA and
Development engineers regarding software defects
• Education: Bachelors degree in computer science or relevant experience.
• Sufficient knowledge/experience working with Microsoft or Linux/UNIX-based
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
• Familiarity with testing methodologies and the defect reporting process.
• Experience: 1 to 5 years testing computer software.
• Experience with networking and/or communications protocols.
• Knowledge of programming languages and source control systems.
• Experience or training programming in Visual Basic, or MS C++.
• Experience with automated testing tools.