Data Entry Clerk
Example drawn from: Namibia, Ministry of Health and Social Services
OFFICE National M&E Unit
DUTY STATION Directorate of Special Programmes, Namibia Ministry of Health and Social Services
REPORTING TO Senior Data Clerk
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF The primary purpose of the position is to provide a supportive office administrative function to the Ministry,
ensuring that computerized records are captured accurately and maintained in the prescribed manner. The
position requires extensive contact with patients, medical and health staff.
• Commitment to the vision and mission of the Directorate
• Effective time management
• Code of Conduct
GENERIC • Integrity
COMPETENCIES • Energy and willingness
• Exceptional command of the English language
DUTIES AND • Carries out any lawful and reasonable instruction as instructed by reporting line.
• Provides data entry services to the PMTCT, ARV, VCT, TB and Malaria Management Information
• Ensures that confidentiality of data collected and stored are maintained
• Assures protection of the systems and data by performing at least one system back up per day.
• Assists when and where necessary in developing improved patient records management
• Consults with software programmers and/or evaluators for troubleshooting database problems.
• Maintains accurate and up-to-date data.
• Attends required data entry trainings and meetings and provides input to enhance of data systems.
• Generates statistical and data reports as required and distributes to district, regional and national level
• Produces automated reports on request.
• Produces weekly/monthly data sets to be sent to the National HIS Division/ DSP
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS • At minimum of grade 12 with 1-2 years working experience in an administrative environment
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS • Computer literacy and data entry experience;
• Fluency in written and spoken English;
• Ability to work with a team.