Job Description: Medical Office Assistant – Medical Receptionist Date Posted: 1/12/2006
Full time. Hourly Rate: DOE Location: Pleasanton/Livermore Clinic
Axis Community Health has a job opening in the Medical Reception Department for the following Position:
Medical Office Assistant – Medical Receptionist – Pleasanton/Livermore clinic seeking FT (Monday -
Friday). Excellent benefits, 401K. Fax resume to (925) 201-6016 or e-mail to email@example.com.
• Experience as a receptionist, preferably in a healthcare setting
• Warm outgoing personality
• Ability to interact effectively and in a supportive manner with persons of all backgrounds
• Excellent telephone skills and etiquette
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to work accurately and efficiently
• Must have computer knowledge, Microsoft Excel, and Word experience a must, 35 WPM
• Bilingual English/Spanish required
• Knowledge of patient billing procedures
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Greet patients and agency visitors; direct all people to the appropriate location and services; be
courteous, polite and helpful to the public and clients at all times when representing Axis
• Respect and maintain privacy and dignity of agency clients; assure client confidentiality at all
• Provide efficient and professional telephone services; transfer calls according to established
• Register patients according to agency protocols.
• Determine the financial status of patients and their eligibility for Axis Community Health services;
assist patients in accurately completing appropriate forms, and document all information
according to Axis Community Health protocols.
• Schedule appointments for patients according to established procedures.
• Collect and post fees according to protocols; prepare and balance daily financial registers and
submit all forms and fees to the fiscal department.
• Maintain and report statistics as required.
• Maintain forms and office supplies required for front desk activities.
• Secure the building at the close of each working day; turn off or unplug appliances and machines
according to agency protocols and lock all entrances.
• Assure the readiness of the reception area for each working day; open the building at the
designated time and have all front desk activities fully operational at the start of business hours.
• Participate in staff and educational meetings.
Axis Community Health is a nonprofit community organization located in Pleasanton California, since
1972. Our agency provides a wide range of medical, psychological and social support services for
residents of the Tri-Valley area. Axis is the sole provider of medical care for the indigent and uninsured
residents of eastern Alameda County.