Job Description for Manager's Assistant
1. Must be a Christian and live a Christian life style.
2. Must see this position as a ministry with God and with Camp Calvary, not just a nine-
3. Must be willing to work with the Camp Manager and Board of Directors.
4. Must be willing to learn all aspects of camp.
5. Must be willing to work whatever hours it takes to ensure the camp is ready for
6. Must be willing to be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
7. Must be able to safely operate machinery, (tractor, mowers, chain saws, etc.)
8. Must be able to make basic repairs to electrical, plumbing and structural items.
9. Must be physically able to perform strenuous activities related to outdoor work.
10. Would be beneficial, but not required, for the applicant to possess some
computer/office skills and public speaking ability.
11. Must be willing to submit to a background check.
Year Round Operations:
1. Will be accountable to the Camp Manager.
2. Will assist the Camp Manager in general oversight and operations of Camp Calvary.
3. Will perform reasonable duties as requested by the Camp Manager necessary for
the safe, efficient operation of the facility.
4. Will work in cooperation with the Camp Manager in the maintenance and repair of all
5. Will assist the Camp Manager as needed in emergencies at anytime, day or night.
6. Will attend the Board of Directors meetings and any committee meetings, which may
pertain to his job.
7. Will develop a relationship with camp churches, ministers, youth ministers, by
participating in church functions. Example: Men For Christ meetings, Salt River
Men's meetings, youth rallies, revivals
8. Will work with Camp Manager developing a calendar for weekend responsibilities
other than camp sponsored events. Camp Manager and Manager's Assistant will
share the responsibilities of weekend church retreats held throughout the year.
Summer Camp and Camp Sponsored Events:
1. Must realize that during summer camp we could possibly have a seven-day
workweek. The Manager's Assistant will report to Camp Calvary after lunch on
Sundays. The workweek ends when everything is cleaned and in order on Friday
afternoons. If anything needs to be done on Saturday, he will need to be here for
2. Will schedule time off in a manner that does not conflict with camp functions or
operations. When summer camp is in session only emergencies would warrant time
off. The Camp Manager will approve of all time off.
3. Will be available for all camp sponsored events. These include Hike Day, Camp
Banquet, Senior Saints Day, Adventure-Camp, Summer Camp, Ladies Retreat,
Men's Retreat, Fish Fry, Teen Winter Retreat. Will also be available for any new
events in the future.
4. Must realize that his two weeks of vacation must be taken in the "off season" and not
interfere with any camp sponsored events.
1. Will bring attention to any repairs or problems to the Camp Manager.
2. Will help with the promotion arid publicity of Camp Calvary such as speaking at
churches, Sunday School classes, VBS, youth rallies, etc.
3. Will help in anyway that is necessary for the smooth operation of Camp Calvary.
That may include, working on the grounds, (mowing, weed eating, clearing trails,
tree removal, etc.) machinery maintenance, custodial duties, (cleaning dorms,
cleaning cafeteria, cleaning chapel, cleaning toilets, garbage removal, etc.) policing
grounds, kitchen help, dishwashing, stocking drink machines, stocking canteen
supplies, gardening, painting, labeling monthly newsletter, help with camp
registration, running errands, basically, whatever needs to be done at the time.
4. Participate fully in the employee performance evaluation process.
5. Comply with the paid full-time employee grievance process.
6. Participate in all efforts of the Manager and Board to provide information, analysis,
and/or actions to remain within the camp’s annual budget limitations.
7. Attend all committee meetings as an active member
This job is not a "position". It is a ministry, to serve Jesus Christ by serving others. This
is not a glamorous job but it is a very rewarding job, seeing children and adults coming
to know Jesus as their savior and knowing that you played a small part in it.
I have read and understand the job description for the Manager's Assistant for
Camp Calvary and if hired, I agree to abide by these responsibilities.
Signature_______________________________ Date _______________________