Technical Director Position:
Snohomish Youth Soccer Club (SYSC) is the region’s fastest-growing youth soccer clubs. SYSC has both
Recreational and Premier-level Programs competing at the highest level in Washington State. SYSC owns
and operates a 50 plus acre soccer complex — Stocker Fields, which is the most extensive and
impressive in the state. Our complex provides each of the club’s 2,500 players a place to develop
technically, tactically, physically and mentally in a safe, state-of-the-art environment.
It is these factors and more that have made SYSC the state’s largest youth soccer club, attracting
coaches from around the world. SYSC strives to provide an opportunity for every child to learn and play
soccer, regardless of skill level. SYSC is a non-profit youth organization, run by an all-volunteer Board of
We are within our own Association, Snohomish Youth Soccer Association (SnYSA), and are affiliated with
District 1 and Washington Youth Soccer.
Technical Director Job Description
- Lead the technical and tactical direction within the Snohomish United Program. The Technical
Director will stay involved year-round with all Snohomish United teams to ensure individual and
team development. The Technical director is not an administrator or manager of SYSC.
- The Technical Director will be available a minimum of forty (40) hours per week for coaches,
players and teams. This may require nights and/or weekends.
- The Technical Director will hold a minimum of nine (9) monthly coaches meetings during a
calendar year focused on premier coaches’ development. This will also include giving
information on the particular meeting to coaches in a training session format.
- Conduct 2 recreational coaching sessions 2 hours each in length to be administered in late
August to be completed by September 20 of each year. The use of Snohomish United coaches is
permitted and encouraged to assist this program as a portion of their volunteer hours.
- The Technical Director will work with the Snohomish United Committee on uniform selection on
a 2-year cycle. Merchandise to be distributed to coaches, office manager and board members.
The Technical Director will be the main point of contact for all uniform contracts.
- The Technical Director cannot be affiliated with any other youth soccer organizations directly
competing with SYSC or organizations that would hinder the duties and/or the responsibilities of
this position. .
- Organize and conduct one College night in conjunction with the Business Manager of SYSC.
- Attend and assist with facilitation of all Snohomish United tryouts and the player selection
- Attend monthly SYSC Board meetings. TD shall provide the SYSC board with a monthly report.
- Attend WYSA Directors and PDL meetings on behalf of SYSC.
- The Technical Director will oversee The Center of Excellence, The Academy and U-11 programs
within SYSC. The TD will also oversee the development, progression and success of these
- Mentor coaches, facilitate and train them in preparation for higher education within the License
Standards of USSF & NSCAA coaching license progression.
- Attend and assist in club tournaments.
- Work in conjunction with the Snohomish United Committee regarding new coaching
assignments. Indentify player talent for special recognition. Perform other various duties
presented by the Snohomish United Committee.
Minimum Experience & Qualifications
- USSF ‘A’ License or equivalent from NSCAA or other recognized international governing body of
- Coaching experience (FIFA International , Professional or College Head Coach)
Other preferred skills
- Computer skills in Word, Power Point and Excel
- Experience with youth soccer and/or youth centered organizations.
• Salary package will be competitive based on the applicants qualifications, playing and coaching
Applicant please send resume and cover letter via e-mail to Shady Johnson, Office Manager at :
SYSC is an equal opportunity employer. No application will be discriminated against because of race,
marital status, sexual orientation, political ideology, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, sensory or
mental or physical disability