Injection Molding Project Manager
rms is a state of the art facility that has the latest technology in precision machines to
produce components for the medical device industry. The Project Manager is responsible
for all aspects of Molding projects from start to finish and insuring compliance to the
customer, industry, and rms standards.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Manage all aspects of Molding projects from start to finish.
• Assist with analyzing Plastic product failures to determine root cause and
• Manage the production supervisor and team. Assisting with scheduling and
• Work closely with Engineer team on specific projects.
• Delegates and manages the design and development of Plastics processes, tooling
and fixturing used to produce rms products. Leads routine design review
• Work with the Quality Engineer to maintain a continuous flow of quality products
to our customers.
• Supports and leads actions for implementing cost reduction projects.
• Provides quotations for pricing of rms products.
• Works with Customers on Molded designs; troubleshooting and finding solutions.
• Communicates with Customers on a routine basis and provides project plans,
timelines, and milestones.
• Primary contact for all Research and Development information.
• Manages the hiring of all technical and supervisory staff. Conducting reviews
and performance plans for these individuals.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering and/or a
minimum of 10 years Management/Engineering experience in the Plastics Technology
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Project or equivalent.
• Extensive experience with Mold Design and Plastic Shrink calculations.
• Understanding of Plastics processes and thermal affects of plastics.
• Experience with Medical Clean Room Molding.
• Knowledge of ISO 9001, 13485, and FDA regulations.
• Complete understanding of MRP and DFM principles.
• Experience with the CAPA system
• Strong Knowledge of PFMEA.
• Experience with root cause analysis, corrective actions, and preventative action.
• Extensive experience with Pro-Engineering software a plus.
• Knowledge and experience with Lean Manufacturing.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more
information on rms, please visit our website at www.rmsmachining.com.