Post Title: Project Manager, Advance Market Commitment (AMC)
Reports to: Senior Manager AMC
Duty Station: Geneva
Duration: 12 months
Date issued: 06 November
Closing Date: 24 November
For duration of 12 months, the Project Manager, AMC will support the Senior Manager, AMC
in the implementation of the pneumococcal AMC and in the exploratory and design work of a
Main duties/ Responsibilities and Deliverables:
The Project Manager AMC will assist the Senior Manager in the implementation of the
Pneumococcal AMC and in exploratory/design work of a potential 2nd AMC, including but
not limited to:
• Coordinate regular engagement with and reporting to Pneumo AMC Stakeholders as
required in AMC legal agreements (including, but not limited to UNICEF Supply Division,
WHO, IBRD, AMC donors). This includes coordination of a Pneumo AMC Annual Report.
• Determining details of plan of action for choice and design of the second AMC.
• Coordinate work of various individuals/organizations involved in exploratory/design phase
of 2nd AMC – including defining TORs, establishing working groups, task teams and
contracting consultants as needed.
• Coordinate consultations of various stakeholders, including CSOs, industry, GAVI eligible
countries, on 2 AMC.
• Coordinate response to AMC-related queries (both 1st and 2nd) as they arise both
internally and externally.
• Lead drafting of AMC (1st and 2nd) related documents such as Board Papers, Memos,
Weekly Records, Updates, and Presentations.
• Set agendas and prepare minutes of AMC meetings and enhance information sharing
Results to be achieved by November 2010:
The Project Manager AMC facilitates smooth implementation of the programme including:
• AMC Stakeholders are engaged and informed as required per AMC legal agreements.
• A Pneumo AMC Annual Report is delivered to AMC Stakeholders according to terms and
conditions established in AMC agreements.
• A detailed plan of action of work is developed for a 2 AMC, clear terms of reference for
engagement of various organizations are agreed upon, working groups are formed and
consultants hired as needed.
• Main stakeholders are consulted in the 2 AMC exploratory/design process, including
CSOs, industry, GAVI eligible countries. All GAVI divisions are able to contribute to
• AMC related documents such as Board Papers, Memos, Weekly Records, Updates are
drafted as needed and reflect the latest available information/thinking on the programmes
(1 and 2 ).
• Both internal and external queries are quickly responded maximizing information sharing
and understanding of the programmes. Each member of the AMC team is well informed
on AMC activities and contributes to smooth implementation of the Pneumo AMC and
design of a 2nd AMC.
Advanced University degree in Political Science, Economics, Public Health, Development or
equivalent work experience in development policy and projects.
Minimum 4 years experience in one of the following areas: development management,
development financing, public health, immunization.
• Experience in managing complex projects.
• Understanding of roles of those organizations involved in the AMC programme,
including but not limited to IBRD, UNICEF, WHO, AMC donors, independent experts,
CSOs, vaccine industry, developing countries.
• Understanding of GAVI’s policies and processes as well as of the Pneumo AMC’s
objectives, terms and conditions and processes is an asset.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong analytical, writing and verbal communications skills.
• Fluency in English.
Please send your application directly to: email@example.com by the closing date and
mention “Project Manager, AMC” in the subject of the email. Only short listed candidates
will be contacted.
Staff are employed by and are subject to the terms and conditions of employment of
the GAVI Alliance. The GAVI Alliance is an international institution in Switzerland
pursuant to a Headquarters Agreement with the Swiss Government. The person
selected for this position will be appointed on a short term 12 months fixed termed
contract under GAVI’s internal rules/regulations. We offer a competitive
remuneration package and salaries are paid in Swiss Francs.