Project Management Boot Camp COMMuNIty COLLEgE Of ALLEghENy COuNty
Project Management: End-to-End
CCAC is pleased to offer another session PROjeCT
of Project Management: End-to-end in the
spring of 2010. The Project Management
curriculum combines in-class, online, web
and telephone mentoring.
A certified, working Project Management
Professional (PMP®) with more than 10 years
experience in the field instructs the class and
will help prepare PMP candidates to sit for
and pass the PMP exam within a six-month
period. Successfully passing the exam will earn
participants PMP certification, which will
help participants advance in their careers
(exam requires separate fee and registration).
A Project Management Institute (PMI)
Credential Leads to:
• Higher earnings
• Greater achievement
• Greater commitment, skills and knowledge
• Peer recognition
Objectives of the program include:
• Introducing the PMP certification exam
• Identifying stakeholders and managing CCAC Nondiscrimination Policy
The college does not discriminate based upon race, color,
religion, national origin, ancestry or place of birth, sex, gender
• Defining scope and sequence of project identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital
activities status, familial status, veteran status, age or use of a guide or
• Estimating resources, durations and costs support animal because of blindness, deafness or physical
• Developing a human resources plan disability of any individual. Questions may be emailed to
• Performing qualitative and quantitative
risk analysis Individuals with disabilities who are requesting
accommodations should contact the Supportive Services
• Acquiring and developing a project team for Students with Disabilities office at 412.469.6215.
• Monitoring and controlling risks, project teams This publication is available in alternate formats. Call the www.ccac.edu
• Closing a project or project phase Supportive Services for Students with Disabilities office
• Employing professional and social responsibility at 412.469.6215.
The first choice for faster results.
PMI, PMBOK and PMP are registered trademarks and service marks Created by the CCAC Marketing and Communications department.
Project Management Boot Camp-BRO-SD-OCT09 CENTER FOR
of Project Management Institute, Inc.
Project Management Boot Camp
Project Management Professional Out-of-class Activities:
Professionals with a PMP® designation have Days 2–6
an average annual salary of $101,695, ranking One-on-one mentoring on topics discussed
the PMP certification as the highest paying on day 1.
certification according to ZDNET’s Tech
Republic organization. If you are interested in Days 8–18
advancing your career, but lack the PMP One-on-one mentoring on exam application
certification then this program is for you! development.
By taking part in this 120-day boot camp, you Finalize exam application for submission to PMI.
will become a member of a cohort of professionals
seeking the valuable PMP certification. In
Mentoring, cohort interaction and discussion
addition to guiding class activities, our PMP
through website on all topics to date. Guidance
instructor will provide resources, mentoring and
also available on following items:
open-ended communication and accessibility.
• Practice exams
• Preparation for potential audit
Potential employers recognize the PMP In-class Activities: • PMBOK® Guide self-study
certification, so position yourself for career
Day 1 • PMI applications pending
advancement with this newly-created program. In
these tough economic times, a PMP certification Project Management 101: Participants will learn Days 41–104
can be the distinguishing factor in helping to about project management, PMI careers and Continue study and mentoring on following
secure the job of your future by helping to add PMI credentials. topics:
value to your employer. Day 7 • Application feedback from PMI
What to expect: Learn about the application • Scheduling exam for day 121
process and the PMI audit process. • PMBOK® Guide self–study
• Evaluating practice exams
Project Management Overview—35-hour Day 121
education requirement—3.5 CEUs awarded. Exam Day at Prometric Testing Center
(separate exam fee)
Tips and lessons learned from certified PMPs as For more information, contact the Center
well as what to expect on a PMP exam. for Professional Development at 412.788.7357,
email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit
www.ccac.edu, search keywords “project
PMP® exam prep class, focus on PMBOK®
Guide 4th edition (December 2008) and new